2 votes (8.69%)
No votes (0%)
1 vote (4.34%)

23 members have voted

June 6th, 2018 at 4:49:39 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: kenarman
LA Times/USC and Ramussen were both within a couple of points. Of course those polls were poo pooed by the left as outliers

Rasmussen? No. Just no.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/pollster-ratings/

I trust 538’s pollster rankings.

Rasmussen gets a C+. LA Times gets an A-.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
June 6th, 2018 at 5:19:13 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: ams288
Rasmussen? No. Just no.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/pollster-ratings/

I trust 538’s pollster rankings.

Rasmussen gets a C+. LA Times gets an A-.

Seeing you like 538 research "herding" on that site in regards to pollsters. This occurs because pollsters don't want to look foolish and generally will find a way to rationalize changing their numbers if they are an outlier to more closely match the other polls. It's one reason why polls are often not accurate now.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
June 7th, 2018 at 5:57:37 AM permalink
ams288
Quote: kenarman
It's one reason why polls are often not accurate now.

This is not correct. Polls are just about as accurate/inaccurate as they've always been. Nate Silver has written a lot about this as well...
June 7th, 2018 at 7:08:56 AM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
This is not correct. Polls are just about as accurate/inaccurate as they've always been. Nate Silver has written a lot about this as well...

Yes Nate Silver's analysis says poll accuracy is "about" the same.

He also says "And in many recent elections, the polls were statistically biased in one direction or another — there was a statistical bias toward Democrats in 2016, for instance."
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
June 14th, 2018 at 12:47:56 PM permalink
JimRockford
Threads: 2
Quote: Wizard
Thanks for making it easy with your tagline.

To clarify the rules, even masked swearing is not above the rules. I admit I do it from time to time, but it is done sparingly to quote others or to heavily emphasize something. The above is just egregious.

Two weeks, based largely on past history of recent rule violations.

Isn't it time to brin back Nareed?
The mind hungers for that on which it feeds.
June 14th, 2018 at 1:18:41 PM permalink
Face
Threads: 61
Quote: JimRockford
Isn't it time to brin back Nareed?

Appears it be. Going to fix...
Be bold and risk defeat, or be cautious and encourage it.
June 18th, 2018 at 12:19:33 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote:
On Saturday, MacFarlane — who has worked with Fox Broadcasting Company for nearly 20 years, beginning with the creation of “Family Guy” in 1999 — tweeted that he is “embarrassed to work for” the company. The Tweet was a response to CNN’s Brian Stelter, who had tweeted a quote of Fox News host Tucker Carlson encouraging his viewers to “always assume the opposite of what they’re telling you on the big news stations.”

“In other words, don’t think critically, don’t consult multiple news sources, and in general, don’t use your brain,” MacFarlane wrote. “Just blindly obey Fox News. This is fringe s—, and it’s business like this that makes me embarrassed to work for this company.”

https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/celebrity/seth-macfarlane-says-he’s-‘embarrassed’-to-work-for-fox/ar-AAyMXRp?ocid=spartanntp
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
June 18th, 2018 at 3:20:07 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: rxwine
https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/celebrity/seth-macfarlane-says-he’s-‘embarrassed’-to-work-for-fox/ar-AAyMXRp?ocid=spartanntp

Sounds like he should quit, assuming it does not get him axed. By how much he added it seems he needs to go work at a lamestream network.
The President is a fink.
June 18th, 2018 at 4:37:42 AM permalink
ams288
I’m gonna go out on a limb and say Seth MacFarlane has made 20th Century Fox WAAAAAY more money than Tucker Carlson ever will...
June 18th, 2018 at 10:45:42 AM permalink
beachbumbabs
Threads: 6
I’m gonna go out on a limb and say Seth MacFarlane has made 20th Century Fox WAAAAAY more money than Tucker Carlson ever will...

Yeah. And there are factions within Fox mgmy as well, notably between Rupert Murdock and one or more of his sons. Fox News is just one division, and a lot of their reporting is dressed-up opinion. They like to beg off as entertainment if they're held accountable. So probably their most valid response to "you're not fair and balanced" is when they say, "but look at Simpsons and Family Guy and the rest of our programming".

Agree Seth has made hundreds of millions more for them than Carlson. Not that I can see their balance sheets. O'Reilly might have been up there, maybe, in contention. Carlson never has, never will.
Never doubt a small group of concerned citizens can change the world; it's the only thing ever has