2 votes (8.69%)
No votes (0%)
1 vote (4.34%)

23 members have voted

July 7th, 2017 at 12:34:27 PM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Quote: terapined
The Republican National Committee released one video on Twitter criticizing Democrats for not proposing their own plan to "fix" Obamacare and another challenging Hillary Clinton to produce her plan to fix it.

Yeah, if they'd held hearings and allowed for amendments and such, as the Democrats did with Obamacare, they'd have cause to complain. As for clinton, dhe laid out her plan during the campaign. besides, she has no elected office any more, and is no longer responsible for drafting or passing legislation.

Quote:
Is this the weakest President and Congress ever to hold power in both houses and the WH and cant get jack done on healthcare

I wouldn't expect the White House to do anything useful about anything, until they replace Trump with a grown up.

Do you know harvests are rotting in the fields due to a lack of agricultural workers?

Ah, but as long as he picks fights with the people his base doesn't like, it's all good.

Now, all that said, the Democrats could do worse than draft their own plan to reform Obamacare, publicize it heavily, take polls on it, and dare the GOP to vote on it.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
July 7th, 2017 at 12:46:17 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
I realize it's hardly a tested form of doing things, but you release a product to the public , and what doesn't work you fix. Generally you don't throw everything away and start over.

But that's pretty experimental way of working, never seen before apparently. (sarcasm)
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
July 7th, 2017 at 1:18:43 PM permalink
Nareed
Quote: rxwine
I realize it's hardly a tested form of doing things, but you release a product to the public , and what doesn't work you fix. Generally you don't throw everything away and start over.

But that's pretty experimental way of working, never seen before apparently. (sarcasm)

To be fair, Microsoft did not lose its rights to improve Windows a year or two after it launched, and those rights did not pass to IBM for two to four years either.

Among many of the things wrong with the culture today, is that opposition politicians seem to think they must stand against the ruling side, rather than offer alternatives and/or help correct what they see as mistakes. this used to happen when the government was divided (see Reagan and Clinton). because, after all, if your party controls one branch, and the other party controls another branch, who's the opposition really? This changed largely with Obama, who probably wouldn't have gotten Oliver Wendell Holmes confirmed as a judge if he had been able to nominate him.
July 7th, 2017 at 2:11:59 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: Nareed
Do you know harvests are rotting in the fields due to a lack of agricultural workers?
But correlation is not causation. I've seen a lot of citrus die and fall off the trees in Cali. Had to read up on it to find out why? Some of the reason is the farmers get subsidies to plant, and they and Monsanto make money to fertilize, but there wasn't enough demand to warrant harvesting it. To do so would destroy the price supports already being paid.

The world produces enough food yearly to feed 12 billion people. Yet 20 thousand starve every day. Follow the money.

At 2;30 p.m. it is 117 and rising.

4:00 119
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
July 7th, 2017 at 3:17:24 PM permalink
Nareed
Quote: petroglyph
But correlation is not causation.

And some what farmers are paid to plow over their harvests.

I'm talking about crops, mostly fruit, which the farmers want to harvest and sell, but lack the labor to do so.
July 7th, 2017 at 4:11:24 PM permalink
petroglyph
And some what farmers are paid to plow over their harvests.

I'm talking about crops, mostly fruit, which the farmers want to harvest and sell, but lack the labor to do so.

That is where I started, picking fruit and vegetables. I think the child labor laws need to be reworked. The buses came through the neighborhoods, 5 a.m. It was just a given that everybody worked. Working the fields was great inspiration to learn something better.

My dad believed in work therapy for just about every ailment. And he did me a great service doing so.
July 7th, 2017 at 4:19:06 PM permalink
Nareed
Quote: petroglyph
My dad believed in work therapy for just about every ailment. And he did me a great service doing so.

Exhaustion due to overwork? :)
July 7th, 2017 at 4:54:57 PM permalink
petroglyph
Exhaustion due to overwork? :)
I have to say that if I was one of those illegals that wanted to come here and find work to better my life, I would do the very same thing they are doing.

It is a pity that so many Americans are to good to do "that kind of work".
July 8th, 2017 at 8:10:27 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
This is one of the best takedowns of Trump you will ever see.

“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
July 9th, 2017 at 11:33:29 AM permalink
Nareed
Quote: ams288
This is one of the best takedowns of Trump you will ever see.

And then there's this one: https://www.thestar.com/news/world/2017/07/08/trumps-media-bashing-keeps-base-happy-but-small-daniel-dale.html

By far the biggest lie Golden boy ever told was right when he won the election and claimed he'd be president for all Americans. He's not even talking to any American outside his base.