Trump & Putin

Page 2 of 29<12345>Last »
September 9th, 2016 at 3:45:23 PM permalink
reno
Threads: 58
Quote: Nareed
They don't care if he sucks Putin's dick once a day and twice on Sundays.

Almost every Republican is giving Trump a pass on this intimate Putin relationship.

To be fair, at least Senatore Lindsey Graham has backbone:

Quote: The Washington Post
“Other than destroying every instrument of democracy in his own country, having opposition people killed, dismembering neighbors through military force and being the benefactor of the butcher of Damascus, he’s a good guy,” quipped Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) of Putin.... “This calculation by Trump unnerves me to my core.”

Where are Graham's colleagues?!? Why aren't more Republicans appalled by this Putin stuff?
September 9th, 2016 at 3:54:58 PM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Quote: reno
Where are Graham's colleagues?!? Why aren't more Republicans appalled by this Putin stuff?

The bad answer is political expediency.

The worse answer is they don't care if they help elect Putin's whore.

The worst answer is they want to elect Putin's whore.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
September 9th, 2016 at 4:59:54 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Almost every Republican is giving Trump a pass on this intimate Putin relationship.

What choice do they have?
Denounce Trump's relationship with Putin and further fracture a party with severe cracks.
Its either anger Trumps base and or lose some more republican voters that hold the same views as the republicans at the Dallas Morning News
The Trump base's hate for Obama, Clinton , gay rights, Muslims, ect far overshadow a Russian dictator looking to destabilize democracies in Easter Europe and regain influence in that region at the expense of NATO.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
September 9th, 2016 at 6:00:42 PM permalink
reno
Quote: terapined
The Trump base's hate for Obama, Clinton , gay rights, Muslims, ect far overshadow a Russian dictator looking to destabilize democracies in Easter Europe and regain influence in that region at the expense of NATO.

When I was a kid the Republicans hated all things Russian. I'm getting old. The times are a'changin'.

Hey, how come Evenbob and AZDuffman aren't here to defend their Putin puppet? My theory is that they simply don't believe Trump is soft on Putin; the whole things is a lie, a liberal media conspiracy. They probably figure Hillary is soft on Putin, not Trump.
September 9th, 2016 at 7:46:14 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
The whole Putin thing is ridiculous. What
does it matter what their personal
feelings are for him, he does things and
we have to react. The reaction isn't
tainted by whether he's liked or not.

Putin is a midget with an obvious self
image problem. Sits on a Harley with
no shirt on. How can you not like the
little guy..
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
September 10th, 2016 at 5:41:42 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
When I was a kid the Republicans hated all things Russian. I'm getting old. The times are a'changin'.

Hey, how come Evenbob and AZDuffman aren't here to defend their Putin puppet? My theory is that they simply don't believe Trump is soft on Putin; the whole things is a lie, a liberal media conspiracy. They probably figure Hillary is soft on Putin, not Trump.

You do not have permanent allies or enemies, only permanent interests. FDR was soft on Joseph Stalin. Just a year after his death Stalin would be one of our biggest enemies ever. The Taliban was an ally in 1981, yet a generation later we would expend much blood and treasure to wipe them out. Iran was a staunch ally in 1978, deadly enemy in 1980, although that was more from their side than ours.

Putin should be engaged and molded, and used to fight some of our battles. A smart leader would get him involved in Syria big time. Even if it involves a partition and spheres of influence for us and them. Also stir him up to the danger China poses to him.

I really respect Putin. The guy gets things done and knows how to manage things. Took a country totally on its back and made it into something of a power, even if not the super-power it once was. He made Obama and Hillary look like total idiots. Hillary with the reset button thing, Obama with his red line statement. All as the weaker player.
The President is a fink.
December 14th, 2016 at 4:46:46 PM permalink
reno
Quote: AZDuffman
I really respect Putin.

Up until July 2016, Republican voters didn't care for Putin. But everything's changed, of course.

December 14th, 2016 at 4:58:30 PM permalink
Evenbob
A Dem congressman was on a show and
was asked over and over what effect
Russia and Putin had on the outcome
of the election. The congressman just
kept repeating that isn't it enough that
they 'might' have had influence and we
should question the elections outcome.

More stupid non answers. This isn't even
grasping at straws, it's taking conspiracy
theories as hard facts. It's embarrassing
to see elected officials make such fools
of themselves.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
December 14th, 2016 at 6:02:06 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188
Quote: Evenbob
A Dem congressman was on a show and
was asked over and over what effect
Russia and Putin had on the outcome
of the election. The congressman just
kept repeating that isn't it enough that
they 'might' have had influence and we
should question the elections outcome.

Not sure who the show's stupid host was, it doesn't matter if it was successful. Do you think if someone attempts a crime it only matters if it is successful?

I suppose you wouldn't want anyone to be prosecuted for attempting to kill you or burn your house down until they actually succeeded.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
December 14th, 2016 at 6:25:17 PM permalink
Evenbob
Quote: rxwine
Not sure who the show's stupid host was, it doesn't matter if it was successful. .

And the second part is, they have been
hacking and trying hack everything in
our gov't since hacking was invented.
Why is it oh so important now, this
specific time. Answer: It's not. It's
pure political claptrap to make Trump
look illegitimate. Everybody knows this,
this is why it makes the Left look foolish.
The recount backfired, so now it's hacking.
Page 2 of 29<12345>Last »