stealing the nomination from Trump

Page 10 of 10« First<78910
June 5th, 2016 at 3:10:01 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: petroglyph
And then there is BHO when the teleprompter dies. http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-06-04/caught-tape-day-teleprompter-died

Some of this is too short editing, but much of it is legitimate stuttering. Only people like Johnny Carson were smooth enough to get mileage out of that kind of speech mishap.

You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
June 5th, 2016 at 3:17:29 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: Evenbob
Neither Oprah or Springer would have
had a prime time show .

Ellen DeGeneres is paid more than anyone in primetime. And she works daytime.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
June 5th, 2016 at 3:22:39 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: rxwine
Only people like Johnny Carson were smooth enough to get mileage out of that kind of speech mishap.
Carson was great, and live.

The greatest speech ever, Robert Kennedy from the back of a truck, one hour after the King assasination:
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
June 5th, 2016 at 3:24:15 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: rxwine
Ellen DeGeneres is paid more than anyone in primetime. And she works daytime.

She has a 5 day a week show, I hope
she's paid more. It's not about money,
it's about ratings. People liked watching
Trump by the millions year after year.
In primetime Ellen never would have
been picked up, it's a woman's daytime
show. Ever see it? The studio is 99%
screaming women.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
June 5th, 2016 at 3:45:51 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Please don't pretend that The Apprentice was some amazing hit. The first season it was on, it was close to being the #1 show. Every season after that saw a ratings decline, and eventually they had to bring celebrities onboard because no one cared anymore. And the ratings for the Celebrity Apprentice were nothing special.

But this is another reason we need to see Trump's tax returns: to see how much he made from The Apprentice!!!

He has a long standing feud with Lawrence O'Donnell about how much money he made from that show. As with all his wealth, it's pretty clear he lied about making more money than he actually did from The Apprentice.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
June 6th, 2016 at 8:13:44 AM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Quote: ams288
Please don't pretend that The Apprentice was some amazing hit.

I don't watch "reality" shows (nothing much "real" about them). But this one was rather illuminating anyway.

I didn't watch it, not even a single ep. But during it's run there was a related news item. Donald Trump filed suit against a small business which let customers sculpt their own ceramic thingies (vases, cups, bowls, etc.) and then baked them in an oven. Why? the business was, or is, called "You're Fired," clearly in reference to the baking, or "firing" of the formed clay in an oven.

Apparently Trump thought the phrase originated with his show and he owned all rights to it.

That's when I lost any respect for the orange Clown I may have once had.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
Page 10 of 10« First<78910