stealing the nomination from Trump

Page 8 of 10« First<5678910>
June 2nd, 2016 at 1:46:19 PM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Quote: petroglyph
By god if I can, I know you can.

There's nothing really bearable at 6am when I have coffee and play with the tablet. So I've wound up putting CNN's HLN on at that time (until 6:50, when I put the tablet down and get dressed, that's when reruns of "Friends" start).

Quote:
That is just frightening. It reminds me of kids telling each other horror stories at campouts, to scare each other into staying awake.

That was the point.

The "Anthology of Interest" eps were to Futurama a bit what the Halloween eps are to The Simpsons. They wouldn't necessarily be scary or gruesome, but they carried absurdity to new levels by being completely fantastic. They did 3 stories per episode (sound familiar?), and in a stylistic twist, added a narrator. After one of the stories, the narrator comes up with the "You cannot unwatch it!" line. I forget exactly which one.

It's all in good fun. But applied to a political campaign with the GOP field as it was this year, it is rather scary.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
June 2nd, 2016 at 2:24:51 PM permalink
TheCesspit
Threads: 23
Quote: Evenbob
CNN Poll of Polls: Two Points Separate Clinton and Trump

http://www.cnn.com/2016/06/01/politics/hillary-clinton-donald-trump-poll-2016/

Just a short time ago she was so far
ahead. What could have gone wrong.

She's a Romney-esque candidate whose yet to secure a nomination that should have been nailed on weeks ago. The big advantage she has is she's seen by many as a safe pair of hands.

If the Reps had someone with the charisma of Trump with none of the sheer crazy BS he spouts, this election would be over bar the shouting. That Bernie is a third runner right now, and Trump won shows how f-ed the Washington system is in the eyes of the public.
It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die.... it's called Life
June 2nd, 2016 at 2:42:32 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
CNN Poll of Polls: Two Points Separate Clinton and Trump

http://www.cnn.com/2016/06/01/politics/hillary-clinton-donald-trump-poll-2016/

Just a short time ago she was so far
ahead. What could have gone wrong.

There has been a subtle yet noticeable change in tone on the left. They used to dismiss Trump as an annoyance, a formality that Hillary had to deal with on her way to her coronation. He was the candidate of fringe, kook, white-boys only, and that could never win an election.

Now you are more hearing less and less of that. Meanwhile, the confidence in Hillary is nowhere near where it was. You are starting to hear "whatiffs" on the email thing. You have heard some "awshucks" from Biden for not jumping in. Meanwhile, Hillary keeps laying low, with as of the other day not one press conference.

They may see her as the Houston Oilers with an insurmountable lead early in the third quarter just playing prevent while the Bills keep getting closer and closer, all the while assuring themselves that nobody has scored five unanswered touchdowns to come back into the lead.

Trump, meanwhile, by sheer alpha-male personality keeps chipping away. She is running as a candidate, he is marketing himself as an all-new product with a marketing cycle. Early adopters, early majority, late majority, and holdouts.
The President is a fink.
June 2nd, 2016 at 2:49:37 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: AZDuffman
Trump, meanwhile, by sheer alpha-male personality keeps chipping away. She is running as a candidate, he is marketing himself as an all-new product with a marketing cycle. Early adopters, early majority, late majority, and holdouts.

LOL

This will never get old.

Can't wait till election night when I can say "the ugly old lady kicked the alpha-male's ass!"
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
June 3rd, 2016 at 5:01:18 AM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Futurama_(New_York_World%27s_Fair)

... he is marketing himself as an all-new product with a marketing cycle. Early adopters, early majority, late majority, and holdouts.

I admit that I find that concept a little disturbing. The marketing aspect. I realize that all candidates are marketed, but in Trump's case his brand has been marketed many times in the past.
June 3rd, 2016 at 7:01:23 AM permalink
TheCesspit
Threads: 23
Quote: Pacomartin

I admit that I find that concept a little disturbing. The marketing aspect. I realize that all candidates are marketed, but in Trump's case his brand has been marketed many times in the past.

Never as a leader of the US though.
It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die.... it's called Life
June 3rd, 2016 at 12:09:16 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: Pacomartin

Trump can reinvent himself because he's
so likable and sincere. He has gravitas,
he has charisma, which in a politician is
very rare. People like him and because
of that, will excuse almost anything. There
wasn't a single person he ran against on
the debate stage that had what Trump has.
He oozes alpha male natural leadership
traits, we saw it every week on The Apprentice.
Now we see it in candidate Trump. People
are drawn to it like the moth to a flame.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
June 3rd, 2016 at 3:14:33 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Trump can reinvent himself because he's
so likable and sincere. He has gravitas,
he has charisma, which in a politician is
very rare. People like him and because
of that, will excuse almost anything. There
wasn't a single person he ran against on
the debate stage that had what Trump has.
He oozes alpha male natural leadership
traits, we saw it every week on The Apprentice.
Now we see it in candidate Trump. People
are drawn to it like the moth to a flame.

Anyone can have a reality show handed to them. But to keep it for 10+ years takes charisma. Can you imagine Hillary with a TV show? I could see maybe to force guys in prison to watch, but that is about it.
The President is a fink.
June 3rd, 2016 at 3:35:00 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Anyone can have a reality show handed to them. But to keep it for 10+ years takes charisma. Can you imagine Hillary with a TV show? I could see maybe to force guys in prison to watch, but that is about it.

lol
Back to real reality instead of fake TV reality

Clinton opens up double-digit lead over Trump nationwide: Reuters/Ipsos poll

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-election-poll-idUSKCN0YP2EX
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
June 4th, 2016 at 7:25:01 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: terapined
lol
Back to real reality instead of fake TV reality

Clinton opens up double-digit lead over Trump nationwide: Reuters/Ipsos poll

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-election-poll-idUSKCN0YP2EX

Yep. The polls are swinging back towards Hillary.

It's happening earlier than I expected. I thought it was gonna take Bernie getting out to get them to return back to normal.

Trump also had a really really bad week. That won't help either.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
Page 8 of 10« First<5678910>