#cruzsexscandal

Page 3 of 4<1234>
April 3rd, 2016 at 7:24:25 PM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
Was there ever a time when we all understood that powerful men just had affairs? Seems like before Bill Clinton you just didn't hear about sex scandals in politics much.

The simple truth is that women are attracted to powerful men and powerful men feel entitled to as many women as possible.

I have my opinions about politics but one thing that doesn't affect them much is accusations of infidelity. To be perfectly honest, I think I respect a male politician more if I believe such accusations to be true.

Okay, Barb, how many push-ups do I owe?
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
April 3rd, 2016 at 7:29:03 PM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Quote: Wizard
Seems like before Bill Clinton you just didn't hear about sex scandals in politics much.

tell that to Gary Hart.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
April 3rd, 2016 at 8:20:40 PM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Quote: Nareed
tell that to Gary Hart.

Good point. Figures this new puritanism would get its start in the 80's.
April 4th, 2016 at 12:45:15 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
I don't know if anybody here is even
interested in this stuff, but if you want
some detail on what's going on with
the Cruz thing, read this long article.
She really nails it.

http://www.newswithviews.com/Devvy/kidd715.htm
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
April 4th, 2016 at 9:10:42 AM permalink
beachbumbabs
Threads: 6
Quote: Wizard
Was there ever a time when we all understood that powerful men just had affairs? Seems like before Bill Clinton you just didn't hear about sex scandals in politics much.

The simple truth is that women are attracted to powerful men and powerful men feel entitled to as many women as possible.

I have my opinions about politics but one thing that doesn't affect them much is accusations of infidelity. To be perfectly honest, I think I respect a male politician more if I believe such accusations to be true.

Okay, Barb, how many push-ups do I owe?

Umm, actually, I think you owe none. In my experience, everything you say is true. It's even (IMO) an evolutionary truth. Women are attracted to powerful men, and powerful men usually have very active libidos and an interest in spreading their seed. It can be seen in many mammals and lower primates in a more primitive and open form. It was true in pre-civilized human society. And it's a strong, almost involuntary urge still.

It was (and is) the Judeo-Christian imposition of monogamy and one man-one woman unions over the more primal arrangement of strongest male impregnating many females that changed the social (public) construct, but there are still base urges in the primitive (forebrain?) that send and receive signals that can and do overwhelm societal norms. Body chemistry sends signals (pheromones, physiological arousal considered inappropriate - eye dilation, raised blood pressure and heartbeat, skin sensitivity, erectile tissues, moisture, etc), unconscious flirting, all sorts of counter-productive responses to stimuli unacknowledgeable in non-courting situations (ie at work, among married couples, wherever).

All that is to say that powerful, charismatic male leaders are going to attract females, and often find themselves acting on it despite any societal taboos. It's how we're wired for many thousands of years. So I expect it from others, have experienced it myself, and think it's foolish to think it's going to be otherwise, or to judge fitness to lead on it. I would even say that a leader that repulses that urge in others might best be left unfollowed, though there are exceptions (Hillary Clinton might be a good example of that - nobody wants to "do" her, but she has a lot to offer the higher brain). NOT to derail this into a political discussion.
Never doubt a small group of concerned citizens can change the world; it's the only thing ever has
April 4th, 2016 at 9:57:06 AM permalink
TheCesspit
Threads: 23
Quote: Evenbob
I don't know if anybody here is even
interested in this stuff, but if you want
some detail on what's going on with
the Cruz thing, read this long article.
She really nails it.

http://www.newswithviews.com/Devvy/kidd715.htm

If by nailing it you mean a bunch of random right wing conspiracies thrown into paragraphs, with the occasional fact, yes she nails it.
It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die.... it's called Life
April 4th, 2016 at 11:09:46 AM permalink
Evenbob
Quote: TheCesspit
If by nailing it you mean a bunch of random right wing conspiracies thrown into paragraphs, with the occasional fact, yes she nails it.

That's how all these kinds of things start.
You can write the definitive story of what
happened to John Edwards now, but in
the middle of it all we had unproven
stories and conspiracies. In what she wrote,
there is the truth. Eventually everything
else will fall away.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
April 4th, 2016 at 11:14:33 AM permalink
Evenbob
Quote: beachbumbabs

All that is to say that powerful, charismatic male leaders are going to attract females, and often find themselves acting on it despite any societal taboos..

It's very difficult for an unattractive, some
say repulsive man, like Cruz, to resist the
attention of women coming onto him.
People who have known him since college
say they can't believe any woman would
have sex with him, let alone seek him out for
it. He was opposite of a babe magnet in college,
women found him creepy.
April 4th, 2016 at 11:32:02 AM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Umm, actually, I think you owe none.

Thank you. I agree 100% with everything you wrote.
April 4th, 2016 at 2:38:26 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
.... but there are still base urges in the primitive (forebrain?) that send and receive signals that can and do overwhelm societal norms. Body chemistry sends signals (pheromones, physiological arousal considered inappropriate - eye dilation, raised blood pressure and heartbeat, skin sensitivity, erectile tissues, moisture, etc), unconscious flirting, all sorts of counter-productive responses to stimuli...
It was a dead give away, every time I saw my wife, I would unconsciously paw at the ground and my neck would swell.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
Page 3 of 4<1234>