President Obama foreign travel very different from Bush

May 23rd, 2017 at 6:13:16 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: ams288

Perhaps instead of deflecting your man's immense weaknesses onto Hillary and Obama, you could own up to the fact that he's an embarrassing joke (but I won't hold my breath).

The joke is the liberals and media and their reaction to anything the guy does. It is so amazing, watching them all look so foolish. Democrats must have focus-grouped "impeachment" as they are backing off of that after last week.

Hillary was weak. She failed at every job she was handed, and they were all handed to her.

Obama was weak. Obama bowed to these leaders, showing submissiveness and looking weak. Obama rarely got to 50% approval and that was with a media fawning over his every move.

But I can only handle so much fun so I will not go back to letting the liberals on the board start more Trump threads whining about this or that, thinking myself, EB, and others are listening.
The President is a fink.
May 23rd, 2017 at 6:22:12 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: AZDuffman
Obama rarely got to 50% approval and that was with a media fawning over his every move.

Has Donald ever gotten 50% approval?

He couldn't even get 50% of the vote! lol
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
May 23rd, 2017 at 6:43:57 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
It's clear that Melania really hates her fat ugly husband. I can't blame her. I read yesterday some gossip that prior to election night they had already agreed on a divorce settlement and the paperwork was signed.... then he won. Again, just gossip and certainly not "news," but would it surprise anyone if it turned out to be true?

Her she is yesterday swatting away his hand when he tries to hold hers:

“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
May 23rd, 2017 at 7:03:11 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: AZDuffman
Quote: ams288
LOLOLOLOL:

Trump 'exhausted' three days into first trip abroad as president: Reports

Sounds to me like he's lacking stamina. It's almost like Donald is determined to make his hardcore supporters eat crow for everything they criticized Hillary for during the campaign....

You get exhausted when you do actual work on a trip. Something Hillary never did.

Obama might have gotten tired form bowing to everyone in sight, but who knows.

The Illogical thinking is stunning
Here is AZ's thinking
If a liberal travels overseas such as Clinton or Obama, they are not working hard
If Trump travels overseas, he is working hard
ROTFL
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
May 25th, 2017 at 7:30:44 AM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068
North American Leaders Summit (NALS)
Year Country Dates City Host leader
2005 United States March 23 Waco, Texas George W. Bush
2006 Mexico March 31 Cancún, Quintana Roo Vicente Fox
2007 Canada August 20–21 Montebello, Quebec Stephen Harper
2008 United States April 21–22 New Orleans, Louisiana George W. Bush
2009 Mexico August 8–11 Guadalajara, Jalisco Felipe Calderon
2010 No meeting held
2011 No meeting held
2012 United States April 2 Washington, D.C. Barack Obama
2013 No meeting held
2014 Mexico February 19 Toluca, State of Mexico Enrique Peña Nieto
2015 No meeting held
2016 Canada June 29 Ottawa, Ontario Justin Trudeau

Although the NALS has been skipping years the next one in 2018 should be back in Washington DC. President Trump may simply not have a second one. I think it is an open question if he will even go to Latin America or Africa as POTUS.

This trip through 7 time zones seems exhausting to the President
6732 miles Washington to Riyadh
8848 miles return via Israel, Rome, Brussels, Sicily
May 25th, 2017 at 8:18:56 AM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Quote: Pacomartin
I think it is an open question if he will even go to Latin America or Africa as POTUS.

Oh, he should.

I hear Brazil has a problem with illegal firearms.

Quote:
6732 miles Washington to Riyadh

I wouldn't have guessed the 747-200 could fly that far without refueling.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
May 25th, 2017 at 8:27:14 AM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
Quote: Nareed
I wouldn't have guessed the 747-200 could fly that far without refueling.

According to wikipedia, the air force one VC-25's have a range of 6,800 nmi (7,800 mi, 13,000 km)

They also have the ability to refuel midair.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
May 25th, 2017 at 8:38:18 AM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Quote: Dalex64
According to wikipedia, the air force one VC-25's have a range of 6,800 nmi (7,800 mi, 13,000 km)

I really wouldn't have guessed it was that much.

Quote:
They also have the ability to refuel midair.

I think that's reserved for emergencies. The process involves much turbulence and heightened risk.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
May 25th, 2017 at 8:46:50 AM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
I really wouldn't have guessed it was that much.

I think that's reserved for emergencies. The process involves much turbulence and heightened risk.

I agree, I wouldn't think they would do it with the president on board unless it was an emergency.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
May 25th, 2017 at 9:29:50 AM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068

I doubt that they even do it for practice. Why risk damaging the plane? It's just a hypothetical in case of nuclear war.

It is 7058 nautical miles from Washington to Johannesburg South Africa. When the POTUS and the ex-presidents went to Mandela's funeral they stop in Senegal to refuel.

I think this range is effectively sufficient for transatlantic travel. If the POTUS flies to South Africa or Bombay India he usually makes a refueling stop or an intermediate visit. Shaded area is distance to Riyadh, not range of aircraft.

The range will be insufficient to allow him to fly to Vietnam and Manila nonstop this fall. Either he will include a visit to Japan and/or China or he will simply divert to Anchorage to refuel.
The shade in the map below is at 6800nm from Andrew's Air Force Base.