Hey evenbob, I have a question for you.

Page 1 of 111234>Last »
November 23rd, 2015 at 6:00:48 PM permalink
pew
Threads: 4
I was wondering about your statement in another thread that reincarnation is an actuality. That being the case what would you say is reincarnated or reanimated? Are you saying that humans have souls or something? I don't really want to go into the different beliefs concerning the subject of reincarnation because of the religion that's deeply embedded in it, but I would be interested how a naturalistic believing person like yourself sees the subject. Seems like a conundrum to me.
November 23rd, 2015 at 7:07:36 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
http://diversitytomorrow.com/thread/1210/0/
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
November 23rd, 2015 at 7:38:18 PM permalink
FrGamble
Threads: 67
Hi Bob, did you block me too?
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
November 23rd, 2015 at 8:24:43 PM permalink
Evenbob
Quote: FrGamble
Hi Bob, did you block me too?

Geez, a couple weeks ago. You just now noticed?
You blocked, I blocked you.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
November 23rd, 2015 at 9:40:17 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Ok, now it makes sense, you two have had each other blocked all this time? I thought it was uncanny how it never seemed like you could get through to each other.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
November 24th, 2015 at 12:33:19 AM permalink
Evenbob
Quote: petroglyph
Ok, now it makes sense, you two have had each other blocked all this time? I thought it was uncanny how it never seemed like you could get through to each other.

He blocked me first, in a fit of rage. I
blocked him back, fair is fair. He can't
stand it when I'm right, so he blocks me.
November 24th, 2015 at 3:19:08 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
well, one thing I have found is that if someone blocks you, it is best that you also block them. I was surprised how much peace that gave me when I did it with someone who has me blocked.
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
November 24th, 2015 at 3:33:52 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: odiousgambit
well, one thing I have found is that if someone blocks you, it is best that you also block them. I was surprised how much peace that gave me when I did it with someone who has me blocked.

Ditto. I have one member blocked though a few may have me. Years on it still works nice.
The President is a fink.
November 24th, 2015 at 4:37:21 AM permalink
pew
Threads: 4
Thanks for the link but the thread devolved so quickly I couldn't get much from it. My question to you is what is it that gets reincarnated. Please don't get religious about it. As a materialist (if you really are one) you have only matter/energy to work with which makes the statement that it is consciousness whether individual or universal rather problematic in the same way a soul is a problem in a materialistic world.
November 24th, 2015 at 7:06:35 AM permalink
boymimbo
Threads: 5
Quote: pew
Thanks for the link but the thread devolved so quickly I couldn't get much from it. My question to you is what is it that gets reincarnated. Please don't get religious about it. As a materialist (if you really are one) you have only matter/energy to work with which makes the statement that it is consciousness whether individual or universal rather problematic in the same way a soul is a problem in a materialistic world.

Correct. If you believe in reincarnation, then there must be a transference of souls from one brain to another, and there is no observable mechanism for that to happen. Therefore this is a supernatural phenomena.
Page 1 of 111234>Last »