Terrible, horrible attack in Paris

Page 57 of 58« First<5455565758>
June 6th, 2017 at 6:34:28 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Quote: Evenbob
The Irish had an alien religion? I thought they were Catholic. The Catholics had been in America since the 1500's, what alien religion are you talking about.
Go read the lyrics to The Famine Song.
At the turn of the century the predominant group of migrant farm workers were German and Irish.
June 18th, 2017 at 1:43:17 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: petroglyph
Meanwhile Iran holds democratic elections; http://www.reuters.com/article/us-iran-election-idUSKCN18E2Y8 Saudi, not so much.

With Trump inking a deal on 350 billion dollars worth of arms [with SA] , what are the chances we will see an escalation of ISIS activity's?
Now we are shooting down Syrian aircraft while they are engaged trying to take out ISIS? http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-06-18/us-led-coalition-shoots-down-syrian-warplane

Poor Syrian pilots can't even attack the enemy of the west without us shooting them down. This is really FUBAR'd.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
June 18th, 2017 at 6:05:08 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Convincing someone they are being played for a sucker is not a bad way of changing their behavior which is why we should convince would-be suicide terrorists that their service is worth 100k to family or friends left behind and not just the silly after-life promise.

That should cut back recruitment quite a bit.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
June 18th, 2017 at 6:09:08 PM permalink
JimRockford
Threads: 2
Now we are shooting down Syrian aircraft while they are engaged trying to take out ISIS? http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-06-18/us-led-coalition-shoots-down-syrian-warplane

That may be accurate, but it is not at all what the linked article says.
The mind hungers for that on which it feeds.
June 18th, 2017 at 6:36:18 PM permalink
petroglyph
Quote: JimRockford
That may be accurate, but it is not at all what the linked article says.
I'm not sure what you mean? This is from the link, "The US-led, so-called anti-terrorist, coalition has reportedly shot down a Syrian government forces aircraft. Reuters reports the Syrian Arab Army announced that the aircraft was brought down in the southern Raqqa countryside, while it was engaging a fleeing ISIS convoy. The pilot remains missing."
June 18th, 2017 at 6:56:35 PM permalink
JimRockford
I'm not sure what you mean? This is from the link, "The US-led, so-called anti-terrorist, coalition has reportedly shot down a Syrian government forces aircraft. Reuters reports the Syrian Arab Army announced that the aircraft was brought down in the southern Raqqa countryside, while it was engaging a fleeing ISIS convoy. The pilot remains missing."

Well I admit I didn't read that far down. I read the part that said the Syrian plane was attcking rebel forces that were fighting ISIS. So if you choose to believe the Syrian government and not believe US CENTCOM, I guess you're right.
June 18th, 2017 at 7:02:33 PM permalink
petroglyph
. So if you choose to believe the Syrian government and not believe US CENTCOM, I guess you're right.
What did CENTCOM say?
June 18th, 2017 at 7:08:49 PM permalink
JimRockford
What did CENTCOM say?

Quote:
U.S. Central Command issued a statement saying the plane was downed "in collective self-defense of Coalition-partnered forces," identified as fighters of the Syrian Democratic Forces near Tabqah. It is unclear if these particular "forces" were getting their funding from Saudi Arabia or Qatar.[\q]
June 18th, 2017 at 7:26:43 PM permalink
petroglyph
It is unclear if these particular "forces" were getting their funding from Saudi Arabia or Qatar.[\q] These particular forces are Al Nusra, otherwise known as Al Queda. Are you ok with rebels supported by SA?
June 18th, 2017 at 8:41:40 PM permalink
JimRockford
It is unclear if these particular "forces" were getting their funding from Saudi Arabia or Qatar.[\q] These particular forces are Al Nusra, otherwise known as Al Queda. Are you ok with rebels supported by SA?

I know little about the incident other than what I read in the link that you provided. It appears that the Us position is that the Syrian jet was attacking the Syrian Democratic Forces, a secular group of Kurds and Arabs. I do not know if they are who they claim to be, but they seem to be opposed to ISIS.
Page 57 of 58« First<5455565758>