Canada changes Government

Page 3 of 3<123
October 22nd, 2015 at 4:50:05 PM permalink
TheCesspit
Threads: 23
Quote: boymimbo
I see it becoming Colorado legal all across Canada in a year or two with legal dispensaries and less risk as our banking system will permit normal transactions. I see border crossings becoming an issue which is why, as a frequent crosser, I would not partake.

BC already has massive legal growing, with some highly advanced farms... and I suspect it'll become supported quite quickly... and the bottom will fall out of the market over time. The quality of the medical stuff is much better than Joe Blow growing a bit on his back woods farm. Or so I am told, don't touch the stuff myself.

Quote:

Trudeau also has some anti-war promises. He will cease air operations over Syria. He will allow 25,000 Syrian refugees into Canada. He will reverse some laws that were seen as being racially biased. So, there are changes to come that will affect our relationship, our dollar, our impressions.

The US's largest trading partner is Canada and vice versa, so we are not some meaningless speck.

The vice-versa is not true, is it? Surely China is a bigger partner for the States?
It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die.... it's called Life
October 22nd, 2015 at 5:02:16 PM permalink
boymimbo
Threads: 5
Depends on how you look at it.

China overtook Canada in total trade in November 2013 with 53.3 billion that month for China, 52.8 for Canada.

China has taken over as the US's biggest importer since 2007.
Canada is by far the US's biggest export market (189.8 billion year to date 2015 compared to 74.6 for China.

So I guess China is #1 trade partner. I was thinking exports only.
October 22nd, 2015 at 6:48:43 PM permalink
TheCesspit
Threads: 23
Aha, right.... it surprises me that it was only November 2013 that it was passed. Neat.
It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die.... it's called Life
October 22nd, 2015 at 7:53:28 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: boymimbo
Depends on how you look at it.

China overtook Canada in total trade in November 2013 with 53.3 billion that month for China, 52.8 for Canada.

China has taken over as the US's biggest importer since 2007.
Canada is by far the US's biggest export market (189.8 billion year to date 2015 compared to 74.6 for China.

So I guess China is #1 trade partner. I was thinking exports only.

Seems Canada is still largest partner, right way to do it IMHO is to add both imports and exports for a grand total. Even then, there is uncounted numbers like all the Canadians at NHL games in Buffalo for example.
The President is a fink.
October 23rd, 2015 at 6:43:24 AM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068
Quote: Nareed
English? ;)

Traditional Irish language is Gaelic, not English. Gaelic was established about the same time as English, and both languages are Indo European.

English is usually defined as 1500 years ago, but it sounds like Icelandic. It wasn't until the last 900 years ago when it adopted a large number of words from the Normans that were ultimately of Latin origin that most modern speakers can even roughly understand the language. In that sense English is not really older than Spanish.
October 23rd, 2015 at 7:14:13 AM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Quote: Pacomartin
Traditional Irish language is Gaelic, not English.

I was joking.

Quote:
English is usually defined as 1500 years ago, but it sounds like Icelandic. It wasn't until the last 900 years ago when it adopted a large number of words from the Normans that were ultimately of Latin origin that most modern speakers can even roughly understand the language. In that sense English is not really older than Spanish.

I recommend "Our Magnificent Bastard Tongue." The author rides his pet theories, including a possible Phoenician influence. But it's clear that English is one of the most diverse language as regards origins. It goes from Indo-European to Proto-Germanic to Olde English, but Britain was influenced by local Celtic tribes, conquering Romans, latter Germanic conquerors, French conquerors and, lastly, native Mexican Spanish speakers when the US took over large parts of Mexico.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
Page 3 of 3<123