Uber?

Page 81 of 81« First<78798081
December 16th, 2019 at 5:10:21 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: Gandler
Quote: petroglyph
"https://www.commondreams.org/news/2019/12/16/amazon-chevron-and-starbucks-among-91-fortune-500-corporations-paid-0-federal-income" All those drivers thought it was fine and dandy when they were cutting cabbies throats, now that they're finding out what it costs to run a company [which each driver of their own vehicle is] they want basically what taxi's wanted while Uber was gutting them.

If the cab drivers unions accept these people, I hope they do so with prejudice.

I thought you were against companies paying federal income tax anyway?
I don't believe I have taken that position. You may have me mixed up with another poster?

I would lean toward being not in favor of citizens united. But if Corps. are going to get the rights of humans, then there should be a minimum tax just like there is for citizens.

I recall bitching about taxpayers paying for stadiums for the NFL etc. and owners reaping the rewards.

Don't recall taking a position against a business, paying at least something. IDK the context?
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
December 16th, 2019 at 5:57:08 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: Gandler
"https://www.commondreams.org/news/2019/12/16/amazon-chevron-and-starbucks-among-91-fortune-500-corporations-paid-0-federal-income" All those drivers thought it was fine and dandy when they were cutting cabbies throats, now that they're finding out what it costs to run a company [which each driver of their own vehicle is] they want basically what taxi's wanted while Uber was gutting them.

If the cab drivers unions accept these people, I hope they do so with prejudice.

I thought you were against companies paying federal income tax anyway?
I don't believe I have taken that position. You may have me mixed up with another poster?

I would lean toward being not in favor of citizens united. But if Corps. are going to get the rights of humans, then there should be a minimum tax just like there is for citizens.

I recall bitching about taxpayers paying for stadiums for the NFL etc. and owners reaping the rewards.

Don't recall taking a position against a business, paying at least something. IDK the context?

Well I certainly agree about the government not funding for-profit teams and stadiums.
January 3rd, 2020 at 12:47:18 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
I did a ton of uber in LAX and SFO. The service is different in these huge cities then where I live in Tampa. In Tampa, choice is a car or a bigger car. Thats it. In LAX and SFO, had the choice of shared rides, takes longer because may pick up somebody going in the same general direction so I almost always grab the front seat because often 3 pax in the car going to different destinations in the same general direction. Also uber has a even cheaper service if willing to walk a block or 2 to be picked up and then dropped off a block or 2 from destination to make it easier for driver.

The Forum and Chase center shows, I walked about 5 to 10 blocks from venue and then ordered uber. Easy to find me, trying to get uber at the venue after a show is very hard, cant find car and car cant find you

I loved it, a real game changer for a tourist, dont need a car. Can do long one way walks instead of circling back to rental car. Had uber drop me off at Santa Monica Pier, walked all the way to Venice Beach, then had uber pick me up and I went to Melrose ave, great avenue to walk around with lots of interesting businesses
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
April 4th, 2022 at 7:32:59 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
For anyone here who has ridden Uber or Lyft, When does the company send you a picture of the driver? And, can you read the ratings on them before getting in the vehicle? TIA
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
April 4th, 2022 at 7:41:04 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
For anyone here who has ridden Uber or Lyft, When does the company send you a picture of the driver? And, can you read the ratings on them before getting in the vehicle? TIO

It never occurred to me to check ratings. It's a ride from point A to point B. How different can it be between drivers. I think you see the pic when a driver accepts you. You can always cancel but I never did. I want the ride. I will compare lyft and uber prices. Sometimes a big diff.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
Page 81 of 81« First<78798081