Legalization of sin and vice

Page 3 of 5<12345>
August 25th, 2015 at 9:22:43 PM permalink
reno
Threads: 58
Quote: zippyboy
Imagine if the Budweiser from St. Louis was 6% alcohol, but Bud from Houston was 4.3%.

The big distributers (Anheiser-Busch, Coors, Miller) add carbonated water to beer sold in grocery stores in Utah, Oklahoma, Kansas, & Colorado. The liquor stores in those states sell actual beer, the grocery stores don't. (If you live in UT, OK, KS, or CO correct me if this info is outdated.)

Guinness Original/Extra Stout is 4.2 or 4.3 percent ABV in Ireland, and is adjusted to 5 percent for Americans.

As for the THC content of weed, the DEA loves to argue that cannabis back in the 1960s was 2% THC, and now it's 25%, so therefore you're going to die. (Maybe.) But the tokers point out that this phenomenon has been exacerbated by the drug war. If you're a drug kingpin in Mexico and you are hiring mules to smuggle a few pounds at a time across the border, do you want them to be smuggling 2% potency or 25% potency? The legal punishment for mule is the same regardless of potency, the payment to the mule is the same regardless of potency, the bribe to the border patrol is the same regardless of potency, but the profit margin for the sinsemilla (kind bud) is significantly higher. The tougher the drug war, the stronger the weed, amirite?
August 25th, 2015 at 9:40:16 PM permalink
zippyboy
Threads: 2
Quote: reno
As for the THC content of weed, the DEA loves to argue that cannabis back in the 1960s was 2% THC, and now it's 25%,

All I know is that for years in my youth, I had to buy whatever was available through friends, no one knew the THC content. or even what strain it was. I guess we thought if the weed had red hairs, it was good! We all knew legendary strains like Panama Red, Acapulco Gold, Thai Stick and the like, but we'd never actually tried it, and which are all gone now. A year ago here in Washington, THC levels were from 6% to 13%, but now with more growers and chemists upping the levels, it goes up to sticky-icky 33%, with THC of wax up to 80%. After being used to those levels, if I go back to trying an early baggie from August 2014, it's like drinking decaf coffee. All the flavor, none of the gusto.
August 25th, 2015 at 10:37:24 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
the term Coffee shop is now disfavored in Holland because it has come to mean pot store. so no new businesses can be opined like that, the social debris of coffee shops in more of a problem than people thought it would be.
August 25th, 2015 at 10:46:15 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
As for the THC content of weed, the DEA loves to argue that cannabis back in the 1960s was 2% THC, and now it's 25%
..., They also don't mention that back in the day tokers, would roll a joint using the yellow pages out of the phone book for papers.

Now a couple tokes from a clean glass pipe will do just fine. So, with the stronger weed, it's actually healthier for those that were going to lite up anyway.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
August 25th, 2015 at 11:29:32 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188
Quote: petroglyph
..., They also don't mention that back in the day tokers, would roll a joint using the yellow pages out of the phone book for papers.

Man, we bought cigarette papers. The other thing we used was regular old tobacco pipes.

You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
August 26th, 2015 at 12:36:51 AM permalink
petroglyph
Quote: rxwine
Man, we bought cigarette papers. The other thing we used was regular old tobacco pipes.

I remember an old corncob pipe being lit with probably half stems and seeds, with the seeds taking off like little roman candles. : ) Ah, those were the days. "We thought they'd never end".
August 26th, 2015 at 9:01:11 AM permalink
reno
Quote: zippyboy
All I know is that for years in my youth, I had to buy whatever was available through friends, no one knew the THC content. or even what strain it was. I guess we thought if the weed had red hairs, it was good! We all knew legendary strains like Panama Red, Acapulco Gold, Thai Stick and the like, but we'd never actually tried it, and which are all gone now.

We should just rename this thread "Pot when I was a kid".

In Ohio in the early 90s, virtually all the weed was tightly pressed, dry, with tons of seeds. These days, sticky kind bud is everywhere.
August 26th, 2015 at 9:11:49 AM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
We should just rename this thread "Pot when I was a kid".

I've never smoked pot.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
August 26th, 2015 at 2:49:24 PM permalink
petroglyph
Quote: Face
I'm gonna steal petro's thunder,,,,
That's ok, I couldn't hear it anyway, I barely saw the flash : )
Quote:
but the answer is simple - follow the money.
So true.

It is off the charts ironic to me, the "legalization" of cannabis, in Wash. for instance.

Every since the cannabis tax stamp days and Dupont using his connections to make weed illegal, the propaganda has went through phase after phase after lie about how weed is a gateway drug, etc.

Now that it is being proven to be the safest foreign source [from outside the body] available, to effect the mind, and the ptb's have another means to tax the common people, it is more ok, than it has been prior. What a cruel joke, but the masses refuse to get it?

Now in Wash., you can use cannabis, as long as the state gets the tax income? Now it is a wonderful source for the G-men to extract more value from the peasants. You can now posses weed legally, but you can go to jail if you didn't pay the taxes on it. Nothing has changed, you can still go to jail for some naturally occurring herb, that if you should happen to come across growing in the wild and pinch some, without paying the rulers, you can go to jail. It's insanity, squared.

And for us MMJ card holders in Az., at first passing, after the fees are payed, a patient who may get some benefit from this plant were able to grow some medicine for themselves...Until, the state sold the permits [fees] and sold the rights to a limited amount of "dealers" to sell medicine. Patients are severely restricted on their ability to grow their own medicine. Supply and demand, should have brought the price down, not stayed the same or went up. The rational doesn't seem to catch up. Users are grateful enough to not go to jail for simple possession, the are willing to see a weed dr. pay his fee, pay the state [yearly], and go to the state sponsored weed store and give the taxman his cut, just to not go to jail, for something that should never have been illegal in the first place.

The WOD, never was about drugs, it is and has always been, about control. What the trillion dollar wasted war on drugs has done is keep the price up.

I remember when McGovern was running for pres., he stated he wanted cocaine decriminalized. Brazil retorted saying "if coke becomes legal in the US", we won't make our payments to the IMF.

The problem the .gov has isn't with you smoking a joint, it is about who controls the flow. Remember Iran/Contra? Reagan's Cia was caught and admitted flying tons of coke into the US. But that fact seems to go right over the heads of the masses. Heard of the Clinton/Bush MENA connection? It's fairly well documented. Barry Sands connection to the CIA. It's not about the drugs.

The MEGA bank HSBC, recently was fined IIRC 100 million dollars for laundering over 500 billion for drug cartels, yet they continue to operate. Crazy. Every organization that is supposed to be steadfastly against drugs, prostitution, and vice gets caught and exposed over and over. Yet the populace continues to repeat the Mantra's about the sins of vice?

Does anyone remember Rod Serling at the end of every episode of "Twilight Zone" when he said "We now return control of your television set to you"? If television doesn't influence peoples behavior, then why do they sell commercials?

And the gov wants to control sex? What next, water and air [sarc] "None dare call it conspiracy" [Gary Allen 1971] should be required reading, imo.
August 26th, 2015 at 3:17:46 PM permalink
reno
If we're going to devote finite law enforcement resources to combatting prostitution, 100% of that effort should be allocated towards eliminating the sex trafficking of children, teenagers, and foreign women who've been kidnapped and exploited. The problem is real and it is widespread. Prosecuting the johns & pimps who traffick these kidnapped victims is definitely important, but the main goal ought to be rescuing children from this nightmare.

Apparently lots of important people at the NYPD and Dept of Homeland Security disagree with me, because they're wasting time and money pursuing trivial distractions. Yesterday, in the Eastern District of New York, the Department of Homeland Security filed a criminal complaint in federal court alleging that the CEO and five other employees of the website Rentboy.com were promoting adult gay male prostitution.

These prostitutes aren't children or kidnapped victims. These are American men in their 20s and 30s who charge $300/hour to spend the night with rich gay men. The crime here is that the DHS and NYPD are chasing these clowns while real children are being kidnapped.
Page 3 of 5<12345>