Best QSR food

Page 2 of 2<12
July 1st, 2015 at 3:38:22 PM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068
Quote: Dalex64
In annual sales, though, McDonalds is (maybe was? Dunno how current the thing I was looking at) is #1
Chick Fil A does grab another #1 when considering dollars - most money earned per store, something over 2 million.

McDonald's system sales (even with the downturn) is larger than #2,#3,and#4 combined: (Subway, Starbucks, and Wendy's).

5 Burger King
6 Taco Bell
7 Dunkin' Donuts
8 Pizza Hut
9 Chick-fil-A
10 KFC
11 Panera Bread

But the Chick is #1 in per location.

2013 numbers, 2014 reported in august
Chick-fil-A $2.8465 million per location, with 1,775 locations
McDonald's $2.500 million per location, with 14,278 locations in USA and Canada
Panera Bread $2.4650 million per location, with with 1,777 locations
July 1st, 2015 at 4:07:38 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Pacomartin

But the Chick is #1 in per location.

2013 numbers, 2014 reported in august
Chick-fil-A $2.8465 million per location, with 1,775 locations
McDonald's $2.500 million per location, with 14,278 locations in USA and Canada
Panera Bread $2.4650 million per location, with with 1,777 locations

And that is being closed on Sunday!

Quote: TheCesspit

MBAs that do the analysis and 'don't get it' should probably be flunked and go around again. It's a business model that works, so they should be looking at why... not why not :)

Send them back and they will know even less! I thank God I let my laziness keep me from going for an MBA in the late 1990s when it was *the* hot thing to have. I so wanted to re-live college knowing more and get a new lease on a career where I could go for the "cool jobs." They make it look like the ticket to a McMansion, cool car, and good life.

Unless you need the math to value investments, I don't see the use. All they do is make silly decisions while the rest of us work for a living.
The President is a fink.
July 1st, 2015 at 4:55:16 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: AZDuffman
Chick-fil-A is America’s favorite fast food chain, survey says

This place must confound MBAs. Consider:

It is closed Sunday
Other than side items, they really do not expand or change the menu much
They bread the stuff in the store, not get it ready to make
The store manager gets a bonus of 50% of each year's profit
It is competitive to get a job there

Break all those rules and still some of the best service and cleanest stores in the QSR industry. Plus the food is good, except I am no huge fan of their fries.

When I was in financial disaster mode I went to one to try to get a job, I told the manager I was laid off and wanted both some steady work as well as to maybe get into managing there. He may have been seriously considering a then-38 year old fry cook or may have been humoring me, but he took the time to talk to me. He gave me a store tour. He gave me a copy of the founder's book. And he gave me a free meal. I will always remember that.

They are a good story about a place that is saying, "we are growing at our own pace and running the place our own way. You don't like it, kiss off." Hopefully they keep it going.

MBAs that do the analysis and 'don't get it' should probably be flunked and go around again. It's a business model that works, so they should be looking at why... not why not :)

Of the list fast food joints in the US I haven't tried, they are top of my list. Because I love fried chicken and waffle fries. Don't tell the rest of the left wingers, I might get ostracised ;) Next trip to Seattle, if I'm driving maybe I'll detour.

Is there an article on the web regarding MBA's that don't get Chick-a-fil ?
Please link, interested in reading about it.
If you love fried chicken, move on.
They don't serve wings or legs or breasts. Its chicken sticks or strips or chicken sandwiches
The waffle fries are alright. Same thing as a French fry, just a different way of cotting a potato
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
July 1st, 2015 at 5:06:45 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: terapined

Is there an article on the web regarding MBA's that don't get Chick-a-fil ?
Please link, interested in reading about it.
If you love fried chicken, move on.
They don't serve wings or legs or breasts. Its chicken sticks or strips or chicken sandwiches
The waffle fries are alright. Same thing as a French fry, just a different way of cotting a potato

No article that I know of, just kind of stating it as I see it. They break all the rules an MBA will be taught and do well.

I musts be the only one here who is not big on the waffle fries. Not sure why your statement on fried chicken. They use a frier similar to KFC, just no bones.
The President is a fink.
July 1st, 2015 at 6:25:45 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Somebody asked Tony Bourdain, the TV food guy
who has eaten rats in Africa and pig anus's in
Asia, if there's anything he wouldn't eat. A Chicken
McNugget, he replied.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
July 1st, 2015 at 6:40:47 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: Evenbob
Somebody asked Tony Bourdain, the TV food guy
who has eaten rats in Africa and pig anus's in
Asia, if there's anything he wouldn't eat. A Chicken
McNugget, he replied.

McLugnuts used to be horrible, about 10 years ago they went to all-white and the meat now looks like chicken. Amazingly so many people call any chicken nugget a "McNugget." More kids I guess but enough adults that it is weird.
The President is a fink.
July 2nd, 2015 at 1:00:47 AM permalink
Pacomartin
Quote: Evenbob
Somebody asked Tony Bourdain, the TV food guy who has eaten pig anus's in Asia,

You may inadvertently eat them in the USA. Once they are deep fried, you can often serve them in place of Calamari and people don't know the difference.

July 2nd, 2015 at 8:45:05 AM permalink
TheCesspit
Threads: 23
Quote: Pacomartin
You may inadvertently eat them in the USA. Once they are deep fried, you can often serve them in place of Calamari and people don't know the difference.

I'm not sure that's anything but apocryphal, Paco. NPR's This American Life did a story on trying to work out if the pig's butt was sold as Calamari, and they never found a single source that provided it. They proved it could happen, mind.

http://www.thisamericanlife.org/radio-archives/episode/484/transcript
It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die.... it's called Life
July 2nd, 2015 at 10:22:47 AM permalink
Pacomartin
I'm not sure that's anything but apocryphal, Paco.

Well it got enough stories that for all practical purposes it's real
Page 2 of 2<12