Racial makeup of 6 police officers charged in Baltimore

Page 1 of 212>
May 1st, 2015 at 12:14:24 PM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068
We know that the 6 police officers are 5 men and 1 woman. Do we know their racial characteristics? The police force is at least 45% African American, so the odds are pretty high at least two are AA.
May 1st, 2015 at 12:20:12 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Haven't heard but it will be interesting to see. It is kind of insane the laundry list of charges they are throwing at them, although that is common and most will be tossed by trial.

I predict there is going to be a spike in violence in black areas the next few years. If anytime something goes bad and if we continue this "the cop was white so he must be guilty" thing in the USA how long until cops say "screw this" and let more and more go? I keep saying the 2020s are going to be bad years in the USA, this just makes me more sure.
The President is a fink.
May 1st, 2015 at 12:40:02 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: AZDuffman
predict there is going to be a spike in violence in black areas the next few years..

But it won't be tolerated. The police will
get more and more strict about how they
handle it and it will go away. The reason
it was bad in Baltimore was their brain
dead mayor let it happen. I saw a black
police chief from Milwaukee say his dept
would never have stood down at the order of
the mayor, they would have retaliated with
full force. The demonstrators are doing it
for financial gain thru looting, they don't
care about the dead guy. They should be
treated like the criminals they are.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
May 1st, 2015 at 12:49:01 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: Evenbob
handle it and it will go away. The reason
it was bad in Baltimore was their brain
dead mayor let it happen. I saw a black
police chief from Milwaukee say his dept
would never have stood down at the order of
the mayor, they would have retaliated with
full force. The demonstrators are doing it
for financial gain thru looting, they don't
care about the dead guy. They should be
treated like the criminals they are.

I disagree, it will be tolerated because too many would rather live in a virtual zoo than have firm policing.

The mayor is a dimwit. Anyone who has seen this kind of thing knows procedure is to set a perimeter first then close in, meanwhile the energy of the mob should burn itself out. That is what an intelligent person would say. Only an idiot would word it that you give them their space.

But here is more the thing. The mayor is a product of the community-organizing thing, same as Obama. She probably empathizes more with the looters than the shop and property owners.

This is going to keep getting worse and worse. There will eventually be a crackdown and you will lose more freedom.
The President is a fink.
May 1st, 2015 at 1:06:04 PM permalink
Evenbob
Quote: AZDuffman
I disagree, it will be tolerated

I disagree with your disagree. The people
who are really in charge, the people with
money, will only put up with so much of
this. They won't lay down for it for long,
nor should they. It's all a ploy to get the
cops out of the poor neighborhoods anyway,
so the crooks can do whatever they want.
Nobody is fooled by this, especially the cops
and city gov't. The only reason the dipshit
black mayor did what she did is because she
wants the black vote next time.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
May 1st, 2015 at 1:10:08 PM permalink
Face
Threads: 61
handle it and it will go away.

It's strikes me as funny, not ha-ha funny but funny nonetheless, that people who rail against the police for going from servants of the people to more of a militia... do things which justify the militarization of the police.

I dunno, something about all this doesn't sit right with me. I grew up in a weird age, the information age. Those years of my life where you sort of develop a world view saw a lot of changes. As a kid, "news" came to you max 4 times a day, if you never left the house. Typically, you caught it twice - once in the morning, which was all traffic and weather, and got the "real news" at 6p, which was always local. Maybe you'd hear of something outside your circle, but only if it was huge and/or catastrophic. Now, anything and everything comes at you all hours of the day and from every corner of the world.

When trying to decide if the world is going to hell in a handbasket, I find it difficult to judge. Is humanity really crumbling? Have things changed at all? Or is it simply the new ability to have 24hour news from on location about any topic by way of the internet just making things seem worse than they are? I'm not entirely sure. How would the 50's and 60's compare to today, if y'all had that kind of access? I dunno.

But aside from that, something about this all just seems off. And I know I'm sort of edging into conspiracy nonsense here, but... doesn't any of this seem a bit contrived? I don't mean the incidents themselves; I don't think they faked 9/11 or Newtown or this Grey guy getting killed. But it seems there are only certain types of incidents that really get thrust onto the masses. Like, Nepal just got buried, didn't it? I'm not even entirely sure, because I've barely heard a peep, but I think it was real bad. But, like I just said, I've barely heard a peep. OK, that's apples and oranges. So how about this - I just a saw a cop killing. It was an officer who just received one of those new-fangled body cams. He attended a possible domestic, white suspect, 20something years old. He approached, questioned, and that was it. During the questioning, the kid spun and fired. Killed the cop dead.

Seems a lot of an incident like that is relevant. It fits the gun violence debate, it fits the cop cam debate, it fits the cop v citizen debate... have any of you even heard of this incident? I only did once, and it was by pure random chance, by being bored and clicking through interweb nonsense. Why wasn't it brought up?

And then there's the real problem. Things are happening in our gov that are completely fucked up. Sorry for the language, but it's the only word that fits. They have all the power, a ton of money, and, for the most part, control the details of all our lives. They are public servants who we as the people hire, and often have approval rates in the 20%. Yeah we just harrumph and guffaw and then go back to "One Life to Live". In my home state, Cuomo made an anti corruption task force to investigate NY's government, and then shuttered it because... they started looking into his own actions. WTF is going on here?

I'm all for personal responsibility, you all know this. But it does seem a lot of the problems are coming from the top. And the "news"... it's almost seeming like it's serving to divide and distract. I'm not saying this particular issue isn't news worthy or not a problem... but something about all of everything lately just seems "off". I can't put my finger on it and I can't offer a well thought out conclusion, but something feels hinky.

Don't you feel it?
Be bold and risk defeat, or be cautious and encourage it.
May 1st, 2015 at 1:30:31 PM permalink
AZDuffman
I disagree with your disagree. The people
who are really in charge, the people with
money, will only put up with so much of
this. They won't lay down for it for long,
nor should they. It's all a ploy to get the
cops out of the poor neighborhoods anyway,
so the crooks can do whatever they want.
Nobody is fooled by this, especially the cops
and city gov't. The only reason the dipshit
black mayor did what she did is because she
wants the black vote next time.

She will have the black vote no matter what. Did you hear Sharpton calling for nationalization of police? DING DING DING DING DING! We have a winner. About taking away more and more local control.

This "underclass" thing will keep getting worse. Too many people with too few skills to market themselves even if they knew how. It is not just blacks, though historically blacks are mostly the only ones who riot and loot. And what is the typical answer? "Uh, we need to get every student to go to college!" As if that is going to get most of them anywhere except in debt.
The President is a fink.
May 1st, 2015 at 1:50:23 PM permalink
Evenbob
If they had a legitimate beef, they would
get away with it. But as O'Reilly keeps
proving with stats, cops killing blacks in
this country now is a blip on the screen,
nothing like it was 40 years ago. They're
whole mantra that it's 'worse than ever' is
a lie and everybody knows it. They just
want an excuse to loot, that's where their
mentality is. I dealt with lower class blacks
on a daily basis for years, for them it's
whatever they can get away with, anytime,
anywhere. It's a game to them.
May 1st, 2015 at 7:04:39 PM permalink
FrGamble
Threads: 67
The racial makeup of the police officers charged in the death of Freddie Grey are 3 White, 3 African American.
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
May 1st, 2015 at 9:32:52 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: Face
But aside from that, something about this all just seems off. And I know I'm sort of edging into conspiracy nonsense here, but... doesn't any of this seem a bit contrived?

Quote:
... but something about all of everything lately just seems "off". I can't put my finger on it and I can't offer a well thought out conclusion, but something feels hinky.

Quote:
....Don't you feel it?

http://endoftheamericandream.com/archives/are-we-being-psychologically-conditioned-to-accept-martial-law-in-america

At least part of part, of the cause is the data overload.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
Page 1 of 212>