What is the Rapture and should I be concerned?

Page 1 of 3123>
April 21st, 2015 at 10:51:36 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Michelle Bachmann says the rapture is coming.

"Bachmann broadly argued that President Obama was bringing the rapture on with domestic policies like same-sex marriage, which the president has said he supports"
http://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/michele-bachmann-rapture-coming-thanks-obama

I am an atheist, should I be concerned?
Seems gay marraige is a problem for Michelle.
She is against.
I am an athiest, I am with the general population supporting gay marraige.
Bachmann says the rapture is coming because of Obama.
Isnt the reality the so called and I believe fantasy rapture is coming due to the American People?
If the rapture does come, will it affect me, I am an athiest.
Does FRgamble believe the rapture is coming because of gay marraige?
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
April 21st, 2015 at 10:56:07 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
You will find out the answers to those questions when Michelle Bachmann tells you the Rapture has arrived and your Crystal Ball starts to glow.

Be sure to be facing east.
April 21st, 2015 at 11:11:22 AM permalink
terapined
Quote: Fleastiff
You will find out the answers to those questions when Michelle Bachmann tells you the Rapture has arrived and your Crystal Ball starts to glow.

Be sure to be facing east.

I am in Tampa Florida, facing east means facing Orlando Disney World to the east.
Why face disney World?
What does the rapture and Mickey Mouse have in common? Its all make believe :-)
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
April 21st, 2015 at 11:17:28 AM permalink
FrGamble
Threads: 67
The rapture is actually make believe and is based as usual on a Protestant misinterpretation of the Bible. It refers to the idea that believers will be snatched away from the world in anticipation of the final judgement. What we should all be getting ready for is the second coming of Christ at the end of time when all will be judged. No one knows when that will be. All we know is it is closer now than it was a moment ago.
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
April 21st, 2015 at 11:29:08 AM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068
Quote: FrGamble
The rapture is actually make believe and is based as usual on a Protestant misinterpretation of the Bible.

While I agree that the rapture is pretty much an 18th century Puritan concept, it had its genesis in writings of Francisco Ribera (1537–1591), a Spanish Jesuit theologian.

April 21st, 2015 at 11:42:52 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
the second coming of Christ at the end of time when all will be judged. .

There is in 'end of time', so no worries.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
April 21st, 2015 at 12:32:36 PM permalink
terapined
Heritage Foundation says gay marriage will cause a rise in abortions
Hmm, interesting, is it because if there's one group known for abortions, it's gays. lol

http://wonkette.com/583300/heritage-foundation-gay-marriage-will-make-all-the-gross-spinsters-kill-their-babies-its-math
April 21st, 2015 at 12:36:15 PM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
What we should all be getting ready for is the second coming of Christ at the end of time when all will be judged. No one knows when that will be.

Oh, I know when it will be: Never.

Quote:
All we know is it is closer now than it was a moment ago.

I don't think that's how "never" works. if it will never happen, then it is never nearer in time.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
April 21st, 2015 at 12:37:39 PM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
"Rapture" is a not-bad song by Blondie
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
April 21st, 2015 at 1:19:04 PM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
When I was younger everybody was hot and bothered by Hal Lindsey and his books that said the rapture was just around the corner.
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
Page 1 of 3123>