Do it yourself

July 2nd, 2020 at 1:41:47 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: petroglyph
I've always admired glass blocks, how do they place them?

My house was built in the 1990's and has some glass block windows and features. I absolutely hate them in my house.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
July 2nd, 2020 at 1:48:09 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: DRich
My house was built in the 1990's and has some glass block windows and features. I absolutely hate them in my house.

You can get them with an opening pane, but it doesn't look very attractive to me. At least the ones I looked at.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
July 2nd, 2020 at 1:53:19 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135

They are great for basements. In actual rooms I do not like them. Mine is a basement where the concrete guy's labored broke the old one.

The concrete work was otherwise great. Hot tub next!
The President is a fink.
July 2nd, 2020 at 2:44:17 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: AZDuffman
They are great for basements. In actual rooms I do not like them. Mine is a basement where the concrete guy's labored broke the old one.

The concrete work was otherwise great. Hot tub next!

One of the places I have them is in my upstairs master bathroom that gets full sun exposure in the summer. In Las Vegas when it is 115 degrees those things act like magnifying glasses. That bathroom gets up to 140 degrees if I forget to shut the drapes.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
July 2nd, 2020 at 4:02:59 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
One of the places I have them is in my upstairs master bathroom that gets full sun exposure in the summer. In Las Vegas when it is 115 degrees those things act like magnifying glasses. That bathroom gets up to 140 degrees if I forget to shut the drapes.
Good to know.

I wanted them in a daylight basement I had in Alaska, where the daylight faced mostly WNW, and wanted them on places along the opposite wall to let natural light in. Daylight exposure is really desirable when the days get down around 4 hours long.

I can see that happening here like you said, 140 ouch. That's bad.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
July 18th, 2020 at 12:35:09 PM permalink
rxwine
Is there a reason why automotive and other vehicle battery terminals aren't shaped like a bolt?

You put your connection loop over it, and maybe a washer then spin the lug nut down, and then tighten it. The nut spinning would probably help strip any corrosion as well.

(I would find it more useful on smaller engines like motor cycle batteries at least if nothing else)
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
July 18th, 2020 at 12:53:44 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: rxwine
Is there a reason why automotive and other vehicle battery terminals aren't shaped like a bolt?

You put your connection loop over it, and maybe a washer then spin the lug nut down, and then tighten it. The nut spinning would probably help strip any corrosion as well.

(I would find it more useful on smaller engines like motor cycle batteries at least if nothing else)

I would guess because the lead is too soft. You would strip off the threads too easily.

GM products user to have a terminal that was like a nut, you screwed the cable lead into it. The plus was they did not corrode much, but it was much harder to get a good grip to jump start.
The President is a fink.
February 11th, 2021 at 1:28:21 PM permalink
rxwine
Every time I see an ad with some sort of program that I wonder about what they're actually selling because they're not going to reveal their main SECRETS, generally you can watch or read enough about it, to do searches on google or youtube to find some people who bought it and reveal those exact SECRETS.

I can't remember the last ad that turned out to be worthwhile.

IN the old pre-internet days you could only guess, nowadays, I have yet to find anything advertised whose secrets can't be cracked through such a method. Maybe something brand new, but certainly nothing old.
February 11th, 2021 at 1:33:42 PM permalink
rxwine
Not saying there's not something legit. I just can't remember the last one I found. : )
March 20th, 2021 at 7:53:42 PM permalink
rxwine
Amazing really.