Title

Page 5 of 7« First<234567>
October 24th, 2012 at 9:35:43 PM permalink
Calder
Threads: 0
Quote: rdw4potus
You are EVIL! Why, why would you mention the name of audio crack? WHY???

I much prefer the cover by Me First and the Gimme Gimmes.
October 24th, 2012 at 9:55:21 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188
Quote: Nareed
I. The politics board, for example, is not called The Pig Pen

I'm all for a different name for politics. "Pig wrestling" for instance.

I suggest you call GLBT area "HOT BLONDE CHALLENGE".
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
October 25th, 2012 at 4:08:39 AM permalink
FarFromVegas
Threads: 3
Quote: Wizard
I admit I have almost no sense of humor, but I was at least trying to be humorous with the other topic names and subtitles. I'm still not big on any "rainbow" names. The Matthew idea is well intended, but I think most won't get the reference.

I promise I'll change the name, but haven't decided what to change it to yet.

I only suggested We're Here! because it's right under Why are we here? as the Religion subhead, but it won't be funny if another subforum comes between them, if it's even remotely funny now.

I like the blue skies that have chased away the grey! Maybe it will lighten the mood here.
This space for rent
October 25th, 2012 at 6:00:20 AM permalink
rdw4potus
Threads: 10
Quote: Calder
I much prefer the cover by Me First and the Gimme Gimmes.

GREAT band, but nobody does that song better than Kermit:-)
I'm not wearing any pants, film at 11
October 25th, 2012 at 1:48:37 PM permalink
Croupier
As I said, I would find a Forum named Diversity Tomorrow with derogatory names funny. I dont know how other people would react.

In my hometown of Manchester, the area of town famous for all its Gay Bars (and a grat night out) is Canal Street.
October 25th, 2012 at 2:45:25 PM permalink
MonkeyMonkey
I think changing the subtitle sets a dangerous precedent. What if the new title isn't acceptable either? What if, over time, some new member finds the new title unacceptable? Who gets to be on the board that that decides what is politically correct? Or does the Administration here just change things whenever someone complains? I can think of something offensive about just about every subtitle here, but that's just the thing: if you go looking for something, you'll often find it.

I think the statement deadrats got offended over applies here.
Quote: Wizard

Finally, please keep in mind that this site is a dictatorship. If you don’t like the decision of an administrator -- tough! We don’t want to hear you complaining about it. If you don’t like it here, there is no shortage of other forums on the Internet.

It seems to me that changing the subtitle of this forum is like saying the above quote doesn't apply. The original subtitle wasn't meant to be offensive and I think that things need to be viewed in the manner in which they were intended.
World's most discriminating Kool-Aid connoisseur
October 25th, 2012 at 11:37:32 PM permalink
TheCesspit
Threads: 23
Surely this should be the Gay, Lesbian and Bisexual forum, or do bisexual users get their own fora?

As Transgender issues are about gender identity, not sexual preference, I can see why this isn't GLBT.
It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die.... it's called Life
October 25th, 2012 at 11:48:37 PM permalink
MonkeyMonkey
Quote: TheCesspit
Surely this should be the Gay, Lesbian and Bisexual forum, or do bisexual users get their own fora?

As Transgender issues are about gender identity, not sexual preference, I can see why this isn't GLBT.

Why not just make it the 'Sex Issues' forum, that way anyone can have a voice regardless of their orientation/preference/whatever?
October 26th, 2012 at 10:15:01 AM permalink
TheCesspit
Threads: 23
Quote: MonkeyMonkey
Why not just make it the 'Sex Issues' forum, that way anyone can have a voice regardless of their orientation/preference/whatever?

I think this genius, and ewjones can post about dating in here then.
It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die.... it's called Life
October 26th, 2012 at 1:33:23 PM permalink
MonkeyMonkey
Quote: TheCesspit
I think this genius, and ewjones can post about dating in here then.

I just don't see any reason for there to be any exclusivity. Perhaps if you do you could express that civilly and not resort to condescension.
Page 5 of 7« First<234567>