Dog Talk

April 23rd, 2017 at 5:55:49 PM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068
Quote: Evenbob
My dog understands hand commands for stay and come, ...

It's so important to keep your dog safe from traffic and scared people. The third one is "drop it".
April 24th, 2017 at 7:22:48 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188
BTW, Evenbob, you could train your dog to dive for shrimp.

You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
May 21st, 2017 at 12:23:15 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
This is why we love our dogs. They are
the closest animal on the planet to us
emotionally. We share at least 30
different emotions with them. This
video shows a dog asking for forgiveness,
how can you not give it to him.

If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
February 14th, 2018 at 10:44:54 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
I'm thrilled today, my breed of dog
beat out 2800 other dogs at
Westminster yesterday to be number
one dog in the world. If you own
one of these Bichon's, you know
it's impossible to have a bad day,
they're so sweet and lovable.

If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
April 1st, 2019 at 11:42:47 AM permalink
Face
Threads: 61
I did a thing and the sun is shining. Thought I'd share and spread some smiles.

So huge long rant aside, some citiots moved in and I found myself in sudden need of a shock fence. Not being able to decide whether to do the unthinkable and slave him to one yard or to just run the new neighbors out on a rail, I decided to do a bit of campaigning. Oh...and big shout out to Babs for this one. I know this isn't what she meant, but when she said something to the effect of "You can't change the world and you can't just burn it all down, but you can go out and change YOUR world", it struck me. And I've been out doing it just about ever since. Which bring me to this...

The neighbors were actually way, WAYYY more pissed about the cops at my house than I was, to the point one of them had a confrontation with both the citiots AND the cops lol. While I was only "mildly irked" that they went the citiot route as opposed to just talking to the guy that's outside literally all day every day, even the elderly retired neighbors were stopping in with words of support to tell me how horrible it was and how my dog was no different than the 11 others running roughshod over the neighborhood. Plus, I am the mail. I was actually on their side lol. I understood. I wasn't resisting in the slightest and was (and am) happy to adjust most things to achieve harmony. But, you'd be better served f#$%ing my wife than bringing 5-0 to my house. Some things... they just can't be forgiven ;)

Anyway, this all was the catalyst for the happiest home I've ever had.

My Sheriff neighbor was one of the most irritated, saying he wasn't licensing s#$%, he WISHED the dog warden would show up, just going off. He's got a heeler and lab that likewise ran wild, but oft had them tied up because they would GO-go, like, leave town go lol. My CO neighbors on his other side likewise came over, saying they would vouch cuz the citiot always let her dog run into his fenced yard to troll his dog and how this was all just so stupid. They have a beagle and a shock fence. So we talked. And then HIS neighbor came out, a kid that like me grew up right here. "Little Brother" I refer to him as, as that's how we grew up. He's got a pit. And all that talking led to....

The Dog Park.

I grabbed an edger from the neighborhood tool pile and just started ripping property lines. Put a disk on the circular saw and cut driveways. Got a big ol' spool of 14g radio wire, a couple twist nuts, a bottle of electrical lube and a tube of sealant to fill my driveway cuts. 2 days later and this is my every day...

All day every single day. Anytime any one is let out, they go door to door "knocking" to let the others out until all of them are out. Then it's right back to freedom like it's always been. Chasing, biting, wrestling, tearing up my GD cattails, roaming, sniffing, tearing up my GD yard, licking, jumping, snuggling, tearing up my GD garbage, running as a big ol pack to bark at the citiot when she walks by... I did a thing. And for the cost of one dog I now have 5 =D

It also turned neighbors into extended family, but this is the dog thread =) I'll have to GoPro the morning release one of these days. Seeing so many dogs pack and play like they do just makes one's heart sing =)
Be bold and risk defeat, or be cautious and encourage it.
April 1st, 2019 at 11:47:00 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188
If you video them running together, compile some of it and let your dog watch it one evening, see the reaction. ...and video your dog watching it.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
April 1st, 2019 at 1:36:05 PM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
I don't quite get all this.

Shock-fence = invisible fence?

all the dogs in the neighborhood daily come to your yard which has been turned into a dog park by this invisible fence?

sort of doggy day care?
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
April 1st, 2019 at 1:39:50 PM permalink
aceofspades
Threads: 83
Quote: aceofspades
Face - do you want to borrow my pup to get a sense of what owning a high maintenance dog is like?

Awww, this June will be 4 years since he had to be put down - I cried like a baby for a week (even tearing up now thinking about him)
April 1st, 2019 at 2:42:19 PM permalink
Face
Threads: 61
Quote: aceofspades

Awww, this June will be 4 years since he had to be put down - I cried like a baby for a week (even tearing up now thinking about him)

It's weird, but I've thought of YOUR dog probably ten+ times over the last year.

Quote: odiousgambit
I don't quite get all this.

Shock-fence = invisible fence?

all the dogs in the neighborhood daily come to your yard which has been turned into a dog park by this invisible fence?

sort of doggy day care?

Sorry, yeah. The "Invisible Fence".

And close, but no. I didn't fence MY yard, I fenced half the neighborhood lol. Once the citiots put the kaibosh on me forcing me to get a fence, I went door to door asking if it'd be OK to do ALL their yards. Like, together, as one, big, 4 property yard. Now he has all the same territory he had, plus all his friends gain all that freedom with him =)

It's been so awesome the oppo side neighbors are contemplating it as well. And if they get their lab to stop being such an a$$@#$% to allow it, we've half a mind to cut the road and make an 8 prop super park =D

The UPS man f#$%ing hates us XDXDXD
Be bold and risk defeat, or be cautious and encourage it.
April 1st, 2019 at 2:53:47 PM permalink
aceofspades
Threads: 83
Quote: Face
*EXCERPT*It's weird, but I've thought of YOUR dog probably ten+ times over the last

Wow that's interesting - what prompted the thoughts?