Pope: Dogs Go To Heaven. UhOh

Page 3 of 4<1234>
December 15th, 2014 at 5:11:15 PM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Quote: Face
When I go hunting and nab me a bunch of Heaven rabbits, where do they go then?

You'd hunt someone else's pets??
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
December 15th, 2014 at 5:30:09 PM permalink
Face
Threads: 61
Quote: Nareed
You'd hunt someone else's pets??

Suppose it depends. I don't really know how Heaven works.

I'm sure FrG would just say I'd have no wants or needs, so it's a moot point. But, if I could...

Then it still depends =) Obviously I'd not shoot a soul dog off its spirit leash. But many people keep wild animals as pets. I've had a bunch myself. There's no loyalty, no love, no agreement. I feed, they try to escape by any means necessary. And when they do, then they're huntable. They're still wild, after all.

In this case, yes, I'd shoot someone's "pet". But again, how does it work? Would the pet stay with the owner at all times? Would these wild types become docile? So many details.
Be bold and risk defeat, or be cautious and encourage it.
December 15th, 2014 at 5:34:03 PM permalink
FrGamble
Threads: 67
You all are awesome! I don't have any answers but I'm smiling ear to ear, thanks.
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
December 15th, 2014 at 5:51:35 PM permalink
Nareed
But many people keep wild animals as pets. I've had a bunch myself. There's no loyalty, no love, no agreement. I feed, they try to escape by any means necessary. And when they do, then they're huntable. They're still wild, after all.

That's more like keeping wild animals in captivity, like they do in zoos. A pet seldom tries to escape when it's treated well. Oh, my last dog would run out the door if you let her. She'd wonder off and then return. The cat, I know, wen out to neighboring roof-tops (houses in Mexico are built adjacent to each other), and always came back. That's what domestication means.

I've no idea whether rabbits are domesticated or not.
December 15th, 2014 at 6:01:56 PM permalink
Face
That's more like keeping wild animals in captivity, like they do in zoos. A pet seldom tries to escape when it's treated well. Oh, my last dog would run out the door if you let her. She'd wonder off and then return. The cat, I know, wen out to neighboring roof-tops (houses in Mexico are built adjacent to each other), and always came back. That's what domestication means.

I've no idea whether rabbits are domesticated or not.

Indeed rabbits are. Pretty popular around here, and there's tons from local farms at the county fair every year. Bear in mind, these things are fat, fuzzy, and about as lazy as a fat old bulldog. These are pets, or at least pet-like, and unshootable. Wild rabbits are ornery little buggers. They're cute when they're still on the bottle, but once they get their legs under them, they attack like a cat. Just a flurry of kicks and claws. They'll tear you up but good.

I suppose if we're talking dictionary definition, then no, I'd not shoot a pet.
December 15th, 2014 at 6:08:52 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: FrGamble
You all are awesome! I don't have any answers but I'm smiling ear to ear, thanks.

The padre thinks it's god working his magic
on this forum and he's at the center of it.
I know religious people like a book. And if
we just keep going down this path, god will
knock us off our donkeys on the way to
Damascus. Not gonna happen, the only thing
at work here is jabbering monkeys killing time.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
December 15th, 2014 at 6:19:14 PM permalink
Nareed
Bear in mind, these things are fat, fuzzy, and about as lazy as a fat old bulldog.

Well, all wild rabbits do is eat, flee and breed. I don't even know if they're social. I've never owned one.

I've had two hamsters. I know little about them, but they did like to play and allowed themselves to be petted (gently). Mostly they seemed to like running around.
December 15th, 2014 at 6:19:29 PM permalink
Face
Quote: Evenbob
...the only thing
at work here is jabbering monkeys killing time.

I hate monkeys -_-

If there are monkeys in Heaven, I'm shooting every one. Pets or no.

Why is it even spelled "monkeys"? Ain't it s'posed to be "monkies"?

Stupid monkeys.
December 15th, 2014 at 6:21:11 PM permalink
Nareed
I hate monkeys -_-

If there are monkeys in Heaven, I'm shooting every one. Pets or no.

I wouldn't object to that.
December 15th, 2014 at 7:08:19 PM permalink
Face
I wouldn't object to that.

And I remember you saying you have shot a gun once, and the experience was not negative.

So it's a date! =D
Page 3 of 4<1234>