NFL Hall of Fame

November 19th, 2014 at 9:14:45 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
There are 26 semi-finalists for the NFL Hall of Fame.

Link

I only think one or two possibly deserve entry.

As much as I like Kurt Warner's story, I don't think he deserves it. I think the HOF should only be for the top few players at their position.

My nod goes to Morton Anderson with a maybe to Orlando Pace.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
November 23rd, 2014 at 9:58:07 AM permalink
chickenman
Threads: 0
I pretty much agree, it should be very hard to get into the hall. Seau possible based on body of work. Bettis for his contributions. Coryell, Dungy? Never.
He's everywhere, he's everywhere...!
November 23rd, 2014 at 10:06:33 AM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Quote: chickenman
Dungy? Never.

Dungy won Super Bowls with the Steelers, was among the first successful African-American head coaches (it's going to be brought up), and won a Super Bowl as head coach. He'll get in.

Warner has a much better claim. "Story" aside, he led the Rams to 2 Super Bowls and won one of them. then he led Arizona to a Super Bowl and narrowly lost it. In between he had a few rough years, yes, but it was during that time he helped mentor Eli Manning (you know, the Manning brother most likely to retire with more than one Super Bowl win?) By sheer number of championships, and remember the old saw that wins are the only stat that matters, he deserves it more than Dan Marino (I'm only half-joking here).

Popular players and coaches always get in. Dick LeBeau got in on his strength as a defensive coordinator, though he wasn't eligible for that yet (he was still active; in fact he's still is). everyone know it, even if it wasn't on the official citation.

Warner is a shoo-in. Get used to it ;)
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
November 24th, 2014 at 7:18:32 AM permalink
Mosca
Threads: 22
Brown, Bettis, Coryell, James, Dungy, and Seau are the ones I would pass through to the next round.
November 24th, 2014 at 11:13:16 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
I hate it.

If a player or coach is not considered better than the top three at their position that are in the HOF, they should not get in.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
November 24th, 2014 at 1:22:27 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
My opinion
In
Bettis
Harrison
Seau

Maybe
Tim Brown
Holt
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"