Lots of interesting movies coming in the next few months!

Page 2 of 4<1234>
October 9th, 2014 at 11:26:43 AM permalink
Ayecarumba
Threads: 89
Quote: terapined
Thanks for all the ideas
Worlds End, The Raid and A Most Wanted man look very interesting. I will probabbly watch these.
Jack Reacher, well I read alot of the books and I cant picture Tom Cruise as the big huge badass Jack Reacher.
Saw Pacific Rim, it was entertaining but I thought just too over the top.

Planning on downloading IP Man. Anybody here seen it? Looks interesting and plan on watching it on flights or layover this weekend pus 1 or 2 of the above interesting suggestions

If you enjoy martial arts movies, both of the Donnie Yen "Ip Man" movies are very well done. An alternate Ip Man bio movie with Tony Leung was good too. It was called, "The Grandmaster".

There is also a wacky "steampunk"+"Streetfighter" movie called, "Tai Chi Hero" that you might enjoy. It was fun.
October 9th, 2014 at 12:10:03 PM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
I'm thinking about streaming the second Tron movie this weekend.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
December 8th, 2014 at 3:55:50 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
I wonder how much this Xmas Day movie cost Disney.
Just for Streep and Depp.

If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
December 8th, 2014 at 6:33:32 PM permalink
Ayecarumba
I don't think that "Into the Woods" will have legs. Too dark for the kids.

The one film I am really interested in is, "Unbreakable". I'm a sucker for true bio-pics.
December 9th, 2014 at 4:34:04 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Thanks for all the ideas
Worlds End, The Raid and A Most Wanted man look very interesting. I will probabbly watch these.
Jack Reacher, well I read alot of the books and I cant picture Tom Cruise as the big huge badass Jack Reacher.
Saw Pacific Rim, it was entertaining but I thought just too over the top.

Planning on downloading IP Man. Anybody here seen it? Looks interesting and plan on watching it on flights or layover this weekend plus 1 or 2 of the above interesting suggestions

IP man rocked but I wasn't expecting sub-titles.
The Raid was extremely violent but well done. Some scenes were a bit over the top, such as somebody holding a gun and putting it down for a fair fight :-)
Disapointed in A most Wanted Man. I just didn't care about anybody.

Heading to Vegas in 2 weeks. This is what I have loaded on my tablet. Any comments on the below movies I have on deck.
Snowpiecer
Dawn of the Planet of the Apes
(the below are several years old but just caught my eye)
Pandorum
Primer
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
December 9th, 2014 at 12:42:00 PM permalink
Ayecarumba
I'm glad you enjoyed Ip Man. You now need to see the sequel, Ip Man 2. Some would say it is better than the first.

I don't know if you saw Ong Bak, but it is one of my favorite martial arts movies. No one makes action movies like Thai companies with no budget for CGI.

Of the ones on your new list, I've only seen Pandorum, and would give it a 7 out of 10. It has some parallels to "Interstellar" that you might find interesting if you've seen it.
December 9th, 2014 at 5:05:52 PM permalink
zippyboy
Threads: 2
Heading to Vegas in 2 weeks. This is what I have loaded on my tablet. Any comments on the below movies I have on deck.
Snowpiecer
Dawn of the Planet of the Apes
(the below are several years old but just caught my eye)
Pandorum
Primer

Plan on watching Primer more than once to really get it. I won't ruin it for you, but you'll want to seek out explanations online afterwards if you're still lost.
December 9th, 2014 at 11:58:56 PM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068
Orchestra of Exiles, a documentary about the found of the Israel Philharmonic.

Joshua Bell playing the Stradivarius, stolen from Huberman in 1936 and held captive for 50 years. Despite the great loss Huberman started the Palestinian Philharmonic in 1936 and went on to save the lives of more than 1000 people from Nazi journey.
April 25th, 2015 at 11:37:01 PM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068
Quote: Mosca
The Imitation Game (Turing biopic. Probably breaks the biopic mold.)

This film "Ex Machina" gives the Turing test a major role.It gets very favorable reviews for the big idea. The Wizard would probably like it, if he is reading.
April 26th, 2015 at 8:31:30 AM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
Quote: Pacomartin
This film "Ex Machina" gives the Turing test a major role.It gets very favorable reviews for the big idea. The Wizard would probably like it, if he is reading.

I saw the preview somewhere. Definitely my kind of topic. I still say AI was outstanding and very underrated.

Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
Page 2 of 4<1234>