Most "real" fiction TV written show?

Page 2 of 2<12
September 28th, 2014 at 6:04:25 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: terapined
Cosby show realistic

If you were 8 and lived in Never Never land.
I was in my 30's when it was on, and I saw
it maybe half a dozen times. Sugary sweet
and totally unrealistic. Two parents with
professions who have all the time in the
world for every word and thought their precious
kids spewed forth. You knew people like
that? No, you did not.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
September 28th, 2014 at 6:09:31 PM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
Those Jack Webb shows - Dragnet, Adam-12, and Emergency!

Dragnet in particular was well respected for its realism and attention to detail.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
September 28th, 2014 at 6:13:54 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: Dalex64
Dragnet in particular was well respected for its realism and attention to detail.

You know, you might be right. There was seldom
any trumped up violence or drama. For that
reason they were also very boring.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
September 28th, 2014 at 6:34:00 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote:
Dragnet is perhaps the most famous and influential police procedural drama in media history. The series gave audience members a feel for the boredom and drudgery, as well as the danger and heroism, of police work. Dragnet earned praise for improving the public opinion of police officers.[1]

Actor and producer Jack Webb's aims in Dragnet were for realism and unpretentious acting. He achieved both goals, and Dragnet remains a key influence on subsequent police dramas in many media.

You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
September 29th, 2014 at 9:37:54 AM permalink
TheCesspit
Threads: 23
Quote: rxwine
What do you think was the most real fiction show written for actors?

You have to be careful. Sometimes the characters could exist but the plots are too fictional.

A Mayberry town can look real as far as the physical town, but does any deputy only carry one bullet anywhere in real life?

I know of firearms officers in the UK being sent on security detail with three bullets in a six shot revolver. This was back twenty to thirty years ago, mind. Now they might give them six bullets and a vest.
It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die.... it's called Life
September 29th, 2014 at 9:55:10 AM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Quote: rxwine
What do you think was the most real fiction show written for actors?

You have to be careful. Sometimes the characters could exist but the plots are too fictional.

Probably some sort of subdued family drama like "Sisters" or "Once and Again." And even then one wonders how a family can survive such a near-endless stream of traumatic, stressful events like diseases, affairs, accidents, arrests, lawsuits, trials, etc, etc, etc.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
September 30th, 2014 at 6:32:26 AM permalink
Mosca
Threads: 22
Quote: Nareed
Probably some sort of subdued family drama like "Sisters" or "Once and Again." And even then one wonders how a family can survive such a near-endless stream of traumatic, stressful events like diseases, affairs, accidents, arrests, lawsuits, trials, etc, etc, etc.

Maybe "Gilmore Girls".
September 30th, 2014 at 1:48:13 PM permalink
beachbumbabs
Threads: 6
I could be wrong, but I found "Hill Street Blues" to be more real and less stereographic than most shows. The character relationships felt real, and the crimes ran the gamut without being completely unbelievable. I've known nearly all of those people in real work life (analogies among ATC's).
Never doubt a small group of concerned citizens can change the world; it's the only thing ever has
September 30th, 2014 at 3:37:53 PM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Quote: Mosca
Maybe "Gilmore Girls".

I saw "Sisters" and "Once and Again."
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
Page 2 of 2<12