Bishop Gorman, LV High School Football

September 26th, 2014 at 1:08:43 PM permalink
debitncredit
Threads: 2
Does anyone follow high school football? I saw that Snoop Lion (formerly known as Snoop Dog)'s son is a wide receiver for Bishop Gorman. Is he actually good? or is he on that team because, you know, his father's Snoop?
September 26th, 2014 at 9:00:59 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Don't know any of the individuals involved but I can tell you that if he holds a position on the team there, he may or may not be good but he is certainly the best they have available and that there are no other influences involved.
September 30th, 2014 at 1:24:04 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
I believe that I read that he is considered the 39th best Wide Receiver in high school. That is good but not great. I think he has already accepted a track scholarship at USC.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
March 17th, 2015 at 2:57:50 AM permalink
waleed121
Threads: 0
I of course could rip this so-called "study" to shreds, be it scientifically, mathematically, or logically. But I need say only one thing - This "Number One" team, as they call it, comes from the world of basketball. That alone renders the whole thing null and void, and should make any red blooded human question if it is not indeed satire =p
aliiii
March 17th, 2015 at 5:57:54 AM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
Gorman has a very strong sports program, especially in football and basketball. I doubt they would give anybody a good spot if he didn't deserve it.
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
March 17th, 2015 at 11:19:12 AM permalink
Face
Threads: 61
Quote: waleed121
I of course could rip this so-called "study" to shreds, be it scientifically, mathematically, or logically. But I need say only one thing - This "Number One" team, as they call it, comes from the world of basketball. That alone renders the whole thing null and void, and should make any red blooded human question if it is not indeed satire =p

Can someone explain to me the purpose of these bots, like the one above?

I get the ones who spam links. It's like advertising. I get the ones that attempt to sow dischord; some just like to watch the world burn. But these ones, always with an eastern name, always just copy/pasting sections of members previous statement... what in the blue hell is the point?

It's like every two or three days, on the regular. I bust the post, ban the user, then three days later, another copy/paste. It makes no sense.

I think it's happened on WoV once recently. But here, it's quite regular. Anyone got a clue? I did leave one of them unbanned over a month ago, just to see what happened. Nothing happened. No further activity came from that account.

What gives?
Be bold and risk defeat, or be cautious and encourage it.
March 18th, 2015 at 8:25:24 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
The bot is trying to develop a persona so as to avoid detection by artificial intelligence programs looking for bots. A generic message is posted to several special interest places and so the detection programs start to think the bot is a legitimate human.
March 18th, 2015 at 9:51:57 AM permalink
Face
Threads: 61
Quote: Fleastiff
The bot is trying to develop a persona so as to avoid detection by artificial intelligence programs looking for bots. A generic message is posted to several special interest places and so the detection programs start to think the bot is a legitimate human.

But again, to what end? What is the purpose?
Be bold and risk defeat, or be cautious and encourage it.