They must be rich

Page 5 of 5« First<2345
August 6th, 2014 at 8:36:49 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: odiousgambit
Actually, once you are no longer talking about your main residence, real estate is a terrible investment, some exceptions notwithstanding; my source below is just one of many. Yet I agree it has made more multimillionaires than any other investment [though I have also seen people get ruined]

Real Estate will make you a lot of money slow. You have to do it smart, know your market, and put in some work. McDonalds Corporation is among the best examples of making a fortune in Real Estate.

If you think you will buy a house a month with no money down and make a killing you will be disappointed. If you think you will flip your way to retirement while yelling at your tradesmen for not working hard enough you will have a living room full of cement. But if you buy 3-4 houses over 10 years and get good tenants then you have yourself a retirement where you can play poker several times a week and say "hello" to your high school buddy who always had the fancy car as you stop at Wal-Mart on the way home to pick up milk.
The President is a fink.
Page 5 of 5« First<2345