Gay Marriage

September 9th, 2015 at 7:56:50 AM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Quote: Wizard
Since when can people volunteer to go to jail for each other? I guess they can ask but has it ever actually happened before?

Times and places. Not now, not here.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
September 9th, 2015 at 11:16:14 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
I see Republican presidential candidates Cruz, Huck, Jindal and Santorum getting behind Kim Davis.
Pretty sad these guys cant figure out separation of state and religion.
Donald Trump is a breath of honest fresh air.
His view is Kim Davis needs to find another job :-)
Go Donald

https://www.yahoo.com/tv/s/donald-trump-rips-bill-o-reilly-bad-researchers-153218611.html
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
September 9th, 2015 at 12:17:57 PM permalink
Nareed
Quote: terapined
His view is Kim Davis needs to find another job :-)

She could run for president in the GOP.

Everyone else is.
September 11th, 2015 at 7:13:25 PM permalink
terapined
The hubris of Kim Davis lawyer never ceases to amaze me.
He just filed an appeal.
The gist of the argument is because all the gay couples that sued got their license last week, therefore her office should no longer be required to comply with the law when she returns to work.
Wow.
http://news.yahoo.com/kentucky-clerk-again-asks-delay-gay-marriage-licenses-231832778.html
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
September 11th, 2015 at 7:33:17 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
It means that much to her to stick her
nose into other peoples business, that
she might lose her job over it?

Christians are such idiots, sometimes.
It's none of their business who wants
to marry who.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
September 15th, 2015 at 8:40:27 PM permalink
reno
Threads: 58
I see Republican presidential candidates Cruz, Huck, Jindal and Santorum getting behind Kim Davis.l

These guys are way, way outside of the mainstream, and inexplicably oblvious to it.

True, those politicians are trying to win the GOP nomination, but even Republicans aren't all behind Kim Davis:

September 16th, 2015 at 5:05:48 AM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
I'd like to see the same people asked if they think it is ok for her to not allow anyone in her office issue licenses, not just if she should have to issue licenses.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
September 18th, 2015 at 9:20:10 AM permalink
Nareed
The gist of the argument is because all the gay couples that sued got their license last week, therefore her office should no longer be required to comply with the law when she returns to work.

Because a government action is unconstitutional only for some people?

Wow indeed.

BTW, in Mexico the rulings of what passes for a Supreme Court often apply only to those people who did what passes for filing a suit. Those are not really the terms, and it's a really complex mess I don't even understand. But, believe me, you don't want the kind of legal system that grants special privileges as "rights" to those who either understand the system, have the money to hire lawyers or have "influence" in the legal system, while leaving the rest of the population out in the cold.
November 5th, 2015 at 7:05:20 AM permalink
terapined
You go Japan.
A worldwide movement

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/tokyo-japan-same-sex-marriage_563b20e9e4b0b24aee48f8a5
November 5th, 2015 at 7:49:20 AM permalink
boymimbo
Threads: 5
Quote: FrGamble
Marriage between a man and woman is indeed very special and unique. I believe God ordered it that way and nature reflects that. You seem to want to call out homosexuals, but it is worth emphasizing that all non married folks are in the same boat.

However, you are correct that the Church views all homosexual sexual acts as sinful and that is, to put it mildly, tough for some to hear. These acts are not more sinful than other acts, but there is simply no way a homosexual couple can express their love sexually in a natural way. This is a cross to bear, but surely is not impossible unless you are willing to say true love needs genital activity. The committed homosexual Christians I know depend greatly upon God's Grace, mercy, and upon their divine and human friendships - as do all of us.

Sigh. Catholics get hung up in actions as sin. Us Lutherans learn that sin comes about from thought or word as well. That is, if we feel a sexual desire towards another woman while we are married, we are committing adultery (Matthew 5:28). Fr wil tell me I'm wrong here, but that is just a philosophical difference.

For me, we are all sinners. Any thought, word, action or deed that is not pleasing to God is sinful by definition. We are all hopeless sinners. We can repent as much as we want too, but in the end, we are all sinners. Jesus paid for our sins, and it really up to God's mercy and our faith in Him and our active repentence that sends us Christians heaven-bound.

Sin has a very wide definition as anything that is not pleasing to God (1 John 5:17).

So, on the homosexual thing, it is defined in the bible as a type of sin. There are plenty of other things that are sinful as well that we don't pay much attention to. In the end, God will judge us by what has been in our hearts. On the homosexual thing, I see it as an act of love between two people without the attention of destroying society. Homosexuality and adultery I group together as sexual sins that us heterosexuals are just as guilty of and require repentance.