Gay Marriage

Page 3 of 51<123456>Last »
May 7th, 2014 at 4:11:49 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: TheCesspit
But, the definition clearly says 'until death'. Not 'until divorce'. Are you redefining the meaning of marriage? Or adding caveats and extending the language. Which is what happens.

I made my statement, please refer to it.

Quote:
And I see no reason why a contract of marriage can not be made between two consenting adults, to the exclusion of all others.

As long as it is one man and one woman it can be.

Quote:
Words change, and societies change. If all the anti-gay marriage hang up is the mere re-defintion of a word for more modern times, they really need to get out more and worry about many other things that are happening that are far more serious.

There are more serious things, but liberals seem to keep putting changing marriage front and center.

Reasonable enough.
The President is a fink.
May 7th, 2014 at 4:14:40 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: AZDuffman

As far as it goes, I would prefer that a divorce be harder to get. Pre-1960s when it was harder to get there was more of an effort to save the marriage.

If your husband or wife didn't want a divorce,
you were screwed. They would hire private
detectives to follow the spouse around trying
to get something on them. This theme was
in many movies in the 30's and 40's. You
couldn't just say I'm tired of being married
like you can now, there had to be legit grounds
for divorce. Ace would have starved to death.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
May 7th, 2014 at 4:15:36 PM permalink
Beethoven
Threads: 18
My arguement was if he can get consent, then he might be okay. You then said consent should be redefined. Not my argument, yours.
Duh! This was my whole point...it was MY argument, not the Florida guy's argument (which you had erroneously claimed). I see that those other guys taught you well on how to shift. ;)
Boron Boron Boron rhymes with moron, moron, moron
May 7th, 2014 at 4:16:35 PM permalink
TheCesspit
Threads: 23
As long as it is one man and one woman it can be.

And the sex of the people is important... because...?
It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die.... it's called Life
May 7th, 2014 at 4:20:13 PM permalink
TheCesspit
Threads: 23
Quote: Beethoven
My arguement was if he can get consent, then he might be okay. You then said consent should be redefined. Not my argument, yours.
Duh! This was my whole point...it was MY argument, not the Florida guy's argument (which you had erroneously claimed). I see that those other guys taught you well on how to shift. ;)

Whatever. I'm bored with your verbal games.
It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die.... it's called Life
May 7th, 2014 at 4:21:56 PM permalink
aceofspades
Threads: 83
Quote: Evenbob
If your husband or wife didn't want a divorce,
you were screwed. They would hire private
detectives to follow the spouse around trying
to get something on them. This theme was
in many movies in the 30's and 40's. You
couldn't just say I'm tired of being married
like you can now, there had to be legit grounds
for divorce. Ace would have starved to death.

Ace was fine and dandy pre-2010 when NY adopted the no-fault divorce. Then, you could have a trial over the grounds, which would increase litigation expense!
May 7th, 2014 at 4:32:56 PM permalink
Beethoven
Threads: 18
Whatever. I'm bored with your verbal games.

I understand. Losing debates is always boring.
Boron Boron Boron rhymes with moron, moron, moron
May 7th, 2014 at 5:08:34 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
And the sex of the people is important... because...?

Because biologically males go with females. It is natural and how reproduction works. Even in sterile, child-free couples they are biologically correct. Same as the rest of nature.

BTW: Save me the "gay animals in nature" thing, that does not happen, possible exception to establish domination.
The President is a fink.
May 7th, 2014 at 5:09:59 PM permalink
aceofspades
Threads: 83
Because biologically males go with females. It is natural and how reproduction works. Even in sterile, child-free couples they are biologically correct. Same as the rest of nature.

BTW: Save me the "gay animals in nature" thing, that does not happen, possible exception to establish domination.

Is not everything that happens in the entire universe 'natural'…and it is only humans that label things as 'natural' or 'unnatural'?
May 7th, 2014 at 5:25:57 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188
Quote: Beethoven
Exactly. Changing definitions of commonplace words is dumb.

Like tea party.

Quote:
a social gathering in the afternoon at which tea, cakes, and other light refreshments are served.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
Page 3 of 51<123456>Last »