In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

December 29th, 2018 at 9:03:05 AM permalink
beachbumbabs
Threads: 6
Quote: rxwine

That's pretty scary, actually. I hope everyone got their flu shots this year. For the H1N1 to take down a healthy young adult, it has to be relatively virulent. And we're just coming into high flu season. Still time, guys.
Never doubt a small group of concerned citizens can change the world; it's the only thing ever has
December 29th, 2018 at 9:46:40 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: beachbumbabs

That's pretty scary, actually. I hope everyone got their flu shots this year. For the H1N1 to take down a healthy young adult, it has to be relatively virulent. And we're just coming into high flu season. Still time, guys.

No thanks. Unless you are in some very high risk group the shot is a bigger risk to you than the flu.

Still remember the story my dad told me about where he worked. They were told they "had" to get the shot. He and one other guy refused, the rest took it. The next day all but two people were out sick from the flu.
The President is a fink.
December 29th, 2018 at 12:03:06 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: AZDuffman
No thanks. Unless you are in some very high risk group the shot is a bigger risk to you than the flu.

Still remember the story my dad told me about where he worked. They were told they "had" to get the shot. He and one other guy refused, the rest took it. The next day all but two people were out sick from the flu.

Yeah, the US military gets yearly mandatory flu shots and are sick so much from them that's why you see news reports about it. (NOT) Exactly the opposite.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
December 29th, 2018 at 12:10:13 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29

This is...... false.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
December 29th, 2018 at 12:28:06 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Regardless of the odds, my sister is still in the hospital after 6 weeks from getting a vaccine. More than 4 weeks of that time was in intensive care. Hopes are that next week she can be released to a 24 hour care facility.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
December 29th, 2018 at 12:37:23 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: rxwine
Yeah, the US military gets yearly mandatory flu shots and are sick so much from them that's why you see news reports about it. (NOT) Exactly the opposite.

The US Army has more than once gotten people sick from vaccinations. Remember Gulf War Syndrome?

Shoot yourself up with what they tell you if you like. Not worth it in my book.
The President is a fink.
December 29th, 2018 at 1:05:52 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: petroglyph
Regardless of the odds, my sister is still in the hospital after 6 weeks from getting a vaccine. More than 4 weeks of that time was in intensive care. Hopes are that next week she can be released to a 24 hour care facility.

I was just able to talk with her on the phone for the first time in 8 weeks .

That's a hell of a reaction to a vaccine.

It was the vaccine for Yellow fever, not flu.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
December 29th, 2018 at 1:07:49 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
The US Army has more than once gotten people sick from vaccinations. Remember Gulf War Syndrome?

Now that more and more studies have
been done, more and more doctors
are backing away from flu shots. Never
had one never will.

"It was they who found that the 2008-9 flu shot doubled the risk of illness from the 2009 H1N1 pandemic flu."

https://www.bmj.com/content/360/bmj.k15/rr
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
December 29th, 2018 at 1:53:03 PM permalink
Face
Threads: 61
The memory is as shaky as a young child's can be, but the last time I recall having the flu is the last time I got a shot. I definitely recall flipping my s@#$ as a younger adamant that I'd no longer accept one. Was more a pavlovian response than some moral outrage or civil rights nonsense; I still absolutely refuse. It's beyond a choice, you'll need at least 4 dudes bigger than me if it was ever made mandatory. I will make some noise lol

Never had the flu. Dude at work, our sorter, of all people, was scream puking just this week. Told someone to get him tf out of there/ here. He touched every bit of my mail, and being a smoker my hands are in my mouth all day. I'm still here.
Be bold and risk defeat, or be cautious and encourage it.
December 29th, 2018 at 2:16:07 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: Face
The memory is as shaky as a young child's can be, but the last time I recall having the flu is the last time I got a shot. I definitely recall flipping my s@#$ as a younger adamant that I'd no longer accept one. Was more a pavlovian response than some moral outrage or civil rights nonsense; I still absolutely refuse. It's beyond a choice, you'll need at least 4 dudes bigger than me if it was ever made mandatory. I will make some noise lol

Never had the flu. Dude at work, our sorter, of all people, was scream puking just this week. Told someone to get him tf out of there/ here. He touched every bit of my mail, and being a smoker my hands are in my mouth all day. I'm still here.

Quote:
In randomized, blinded studies, where some people get inactivated flu shots and others get salt-water shots, the only differences in symptoms was increased soreness in the arm and redness at the injection site among people who got the flu shot. There were no differences in terms of body aches, fever, cough, runny nose or sore throat.

And "blind" means even the people giving the shots don't know whether it's the real vaccine.

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/qa/misconceptions.htm
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?