In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

December 21st, 2018 at 9:57:25 AM permalink
reno
Threads: 58
Quote: AZDuffman
I have not seen numbers but would say very few "fly in" as if you come commercial you have to clear customs.

Your argument is based on feelings, not data.

Marco Rubio says 40% fly commercial airlines. Jeb Bush says 40%. Jorge Ramos (Univision TV anchor) says 40%. Pew Research Center says 40%. Politifact says between 25%-33%.

From a Wall Street Journal article dated January 17, 2018:

Quote: Wall Street Journal
President Trump’s big idea to reduce illegal immigration is a wall on the southern border. A wall would help restore integrity to the border, but it won’t solve a larger problem: widespread abuse of U.S. visas. The Department of Homeland Security estimated last year that 739,000 foreigners who arrived in the U.S. via air or sea in fiscal 2016 did not leave when they were supposed to.

The fact that Trump wants to shut down the government before fixing this air travel loophole should be a big red flag to you that Trump isn't serious about any of this.
December 21st, 2018 at 10:06:47 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: reno

The fact that Trump wants to shut down the government before fixing this air travel loophole should be a big red flag to you that Trump isn't serious about any of this.

The fact that the left and a huge portion of the right would shut the government down to get open borders is a bigger concern to me.
The President is a fink.
December 21st, 2018 at 10:10:35 AM permalink
reno
Threads: 58
The fact that the left and a huge portion of the right would shut the government down to get open borders is a bigger concern to me.

Will Trump's shutdown persuade Mexico to pay for his wall?
December 21st, 2018 at 10:32:35 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Will Trump's shutdown persuade Mexico to pay for his wall?

I care that the wall gets built. I do not care if Congress shuts the government down over it.
The President is a fink.
December 21st, 2018 at 11:34:35 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
I care that the wall gets built. I do not care if Congress shuts the government down over it.

Feel free to give as much as you care.

https://www.gofundme.com/TheTrumpWall
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
December 21st, 2018 at 11:34:49 AM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
What do you propose for the 30 million already here?
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
December 21st, 2018 at 11:51:29 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: petroglyph
What do you propose for the 30 million already here?

Deport them as we catch them. End sanctuary cities. Throw their kids out of public school. No more welfare for them.

As a start.

What I ask is why do we keep hearing that as a reason to not build a wall?
The President is a fink.
December 21st, 2018 at 1:53:51 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Deport them as we catch them. End sanctuary cities. Throw their kids out of public school. No more welfare for them.

As a start.

What I ask is why do we keep hearing that as a reason to not build a wall?
I can only guess? I will take your word that there are groups that offer that argument. I don't hear it by design, as I stay away from big media for reasons just like this.

I guess maybe using that excuse is because talking points for the large group of caring, but ignorant mass of folks have their talking points provided to them by their thought leaders?

I think it is a distraction from having to explain to them who is destabilizing south America and why? I see nowhere in the media that brings up Obama/Hillary's support for the Honduran coup [against Zelaya] in July 09. This human migration is blowback from coups for corporations. Follow the money.

It's not just the migrants that benefit from the ebt benefits. Processing these would be immigrants aid was privatized, the tbtf banks JP Morgan and BOA have contracts to process these peoples ebt.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
December 21st, 2018 at 5:47:01 PM permalink
beachbumbabs
Threads: 6

Predictable. And laughable.

The shutdown is 100% on Trump. He claimed it. He owns it.
Never doubt a small group of concerned citizens can change the world; it's the only thing ever has
December 21st, 2018 at 6:56:39 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: beachbumbabs

The shutdown is 100% on Trump. He claimed it. He owns it.

The only ones who care are the ones
it directly effects in the gov't. The
rest of us will notice no difference,
we never did in the 13 shutdowns
we've had since the 80's. This is
totally Chuck you Schumer's
shutdown, he's what's in the way
of resolving this.

The Dems were in high spirits Wed
night at the bars, dancing and singing,
rejoicing how the vote would never
pass the House. When it did, Nancy
Pelosi's false teeth flew out of her
mouth..
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.