In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

September 3rd, 2018 at 11:53:36 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188
Quote:
A weekly show glorifying Vladimir Putin's political acumen, physical fitness and love of children has made its debut on Russian state television, raising concerns of a Stalinesque “personality cult”.

The hour-long show, titled “Moscow. Kremlin. Putin.,” comes after the president's popularity took a hit over an widely loathed plan to raise the pension age.
Hosted by Vladimir Soloviev, a TV and radio personality who previously authored documentary films and books about Mr Putin, the first broadcast began with footage of the leader hiking on a holiday in Siberia, meeting with schoolchildren and paying respects to a well-known singer who died last week.

“Putin doesn't just love children, he loves people. He's a very humane human,” the Kremlin spokesman told Mr Soloviev, echoing a famous quote calling Vladimir Lenin the “most humane human”.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/09/03/russian-state-television-introduces-weekly-show-praise-vladimir/
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
September 4th, 2018 at 12:40:30 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
I have no idea why this is considered to be news.
September 4th, 2018 at 4:54:20 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: ams288
Nike makes Colin Kaepernick the face of their 30th aniversary Just Do It ad.

And a bunch of morons cut the logos off their Nike apparel.

lol. That’ll show ‘em!

Smart edgy move making a political stand
The young generation understands the protests and are Nike's target customers
Old conservatives simply don't understand the protests and are not Nike customers.

Bottom line, the protests will continue, football will continue, conservative Texas will continue to fill their stadiums. A conservative boycott of football because of the protests will fail.

The huge winner, Kaepernick of course.
He's got the best deal ever for a football player
Will never play another NFL game ever while still making millions
No chance of CTE and making great money

I see conservatives posting their destroyed Nike attire online due to a conservative boycott request
News flash to conservatives, destroying your Nike attire you already paid Nike for is not a boycott
ROTFL
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
September 4th, 2018 at 10:04:02 AM permalink
JimRockford
Threads: 2
Quote: terapined
Smart edgy move making a political stand

I business, edgy and political are rarely smart. We'll see.
The mind hungers for that on which it feeds.
September 4th, 2018 at 10:34:22 AM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
There is really too much to link to on this, but as of the time of this post, do a google search for "woodward book" and limit the results to the past 24 hours. 777 made a post on WOV with a couple of links.

I am only going to make a few links, though - the conversation Trump had with Woodward on August 14th. Trump agreed to have the phone call recorded, and a transcript went to the Washington Post.

Here is that

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2018/09/04/transcript-phone-call-between-president-trump-journalist-bob-woodward/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.6577fa83567d

Since the Washington Post only allows so many free views a month, here is a CNN link that reports on that story:

https://www.cnn.com/2018/09/04/politics/bob-woodward-donald-trump-phone-call/index.html

I know I should add my own take on this, but I really don't know what to say. The book will probably be a best seller before the first official retail copies ship.
Link to Amazon for book: https://www.amazon.com/Fear-Trump-White-Bob-Woodward/dp/1501175513/
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
September 4th, 2018 at 11:01:11 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: JimRockford

Nike has always been edgy and has always done well
The prevailing view was that athletes are role models for children
Not according to Nike and Sir Charles
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
September 4th, 2018 at 11:22:05 AM permalink
YeahBaby
Threads: 5
Quote: ams288
Nike makes Colin Kaepernick the face of their 30th aniversary Just Do It ad.

And a bunch of morons cut the logos off their Nike apparel.

lol. That’ll show ‘em!
it sure will!!

Nike shares fall as backlash erupts over new ad campaign featuring Colin Kaepernick

looks llike u wrong again as usual brotha LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
September 4th, 2018 at 11:23:49 AM permalink
YeahBaby
Threads: 5
Quote: terapined
Nike has always been edgy and has always done well

nice try brotha!! you said POLITCIAL last time!!!

now u just sayin edgy but leftout political LOL!!!!
September 4th, 2018 at 11:38:14 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: JimRockford

Nike stock down 3%. The left and
right coasts won't care, but all
those kids in the Midwest will,
and the only difference between
Nike and Adidos is the name. This
will be Nike's New Coke moment..
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
September 4th, 2018 at 11:53:42 AM permalink
fleaswatter
Threads: 3