In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

August 15th, 2018 at 8:24:10 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: ams288
Another lie.

Whatever right-wing news source you get your info on what liberals are talking about from must not be paying close enough attention. I still see tons of news stories, articles, tweets, etc. about the kids at the border. Hell, Stormy Daniels's lawyer was tweeting about it all day yesterday!

Sorry I get my news from news. Not the lawyer of some tramp.
The President is a fink.
August 15th, 2018 at 8:25:54 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: reno
If you'd watched The Apprentice since 2004, you'd know who she was: the villain on Season 1, Season 7, and Season 13. Prior to that gig she worked for... Al Gore.

Seen all of fifteen or so minutes of TA. Saw a bunch of contestants blaming anything but themselves for failure.
The President is a fink.
August 15th, 2018 at 12:11:33 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
If you'd watched The Apprentice since 2004, you'd know who she was:

Diamond and Silk make a good point.
She knew Trump for 15 years, and
then when she gets booted from
the WH she decides he's a racist?
They said black people spot racists
almost immediately, not after knowing
them for 15 years.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
August 15th, 2018 at 12:13:43 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: Evenbob

them for 15 years.

Yep. She’s trying to have it both ways.

Liberals want nothing to do with her (although we do enjoy her tormenting the administration with the drip-drip-drip of her tapes).

Righties only turned on her when she started speaking out against Donald.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
August 15th, 2018 at 12:22:47 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Trump revokes Brennan's security clearance.

Glenn Greenwald

@ggreenwald
Is there a GoFundMe campaign yet for John Brennan? Seeing liberals electronically transfer money to a former CIA Director - someone who advocated torture and rendition durng Bush/Cheney and lied about drone killings for Obama - is the final #Resistance frontier.

Atrios
@Atrios
the motive is bad - it's trump! - but the "ex-intelligence community officials get to cash out in the private sector by maintaining their security clearances" is a bad racket which should be burned to the ground
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
August 15th, 2018 at 12:32:39 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: Evenbob

them for 15 years.

Like I said, seen it happen, more than once. Heard of it happening more than once growing up. It is a chance to cash-in.
The President is a fink.
August 16th, 2018 at 3:17:28 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Agency Says Lake Mead Could Drop Below Critical Threshold

The American Southwest was not intended for the kind of population it is carrying. At this point it looks like it would take a generation of heavy rain/snow to refill to the top. But IMHO the issue is bigger, and structural change is coming.
The President is a fink.
August 16th, 2018 at 3:39:23 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Quote: AZDuffman
The American Southwest was not intended for the kind of population it is carrying.
Heck what place was? Los Angeles is really an oil field, Manhattan was not designed for so many people, Vegas is an imperial 'sponge' that has to ship in tons of food and booze and zillions of hookers. Fishing camps have to fly in customers. Aspen is so expensive no one who even knows what the word affordability means can afford to live in Aspen.
August 16th, 2018 at 3:46:15 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: Fleastiff
Heck what place was? Los Angeles is really an oil field, Manhattan was not designed for so many people, Vegas is an imperial 'sponge' that has to ship in tons of food and booze and zillions of hookers. Fishing camps have to fly in customers. Aspen is so expensive no one who even knows what the word affordability means can afford to live in Aspen.

Lots of places are. The American Northeast is made to carry many people with good water and land. Ditto the northwest. Canada. And Europe.

Phoenix was a nice, sleepy place until the 1980s. The 1980s changed everything, when the term "sunbelt" was invented. The USA population started flooding these places that were meant for smaller populations.

It has worked so far. IMHO, though, the reckoning is coming. Desalination on a massive scale is the only hope. Now, it will take decades for a shift out to happen. But happen it will.

I wish I could have experienced Phoenix and Vega before they got so huge.
The President is a fink.
August 16th, 2018 at 8:21:48 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Husband of missing pregnant Colorado woman, 2 daughters charged with their murders

My lack of faith in humanity continues. I do wonder if the cops had him figured from the start? My guess is they did.
The President is a fink.