In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

June 26th, 2018 at 5:17:01 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Evenbob
It was the owner dragging her customers
across the street to the joint where Sanders
family was eating, that's what did her in.
Standing on the sidewalk of another owners
business shouting obscenities infuriated
the other local businesses. Red Hen lady
is a real loon..

I hate to keep beating it, but while conservatives think liberals are just misguided, liberals just cannot stand sharing the planet with conservatives.
The President is a fink.
June 26th, 2018 at 5:17:44 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
EvenBob on Saturday RE: Red Hen:

https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/off-topic/general/30375-trumps-second-and-third-year-in-office/395/#post656507

Wonder what changed? lol
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
June 26th, 2018 at 5:36:36 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: ams288
Wonder what changed? lol

What changed was, it wasn't reported till
the next day, by Mike Huckabee, that
the moron owner had taken customers
across the street and made a huge
scene in front of a restaurant competitor.

That's the real news here, that's why she
might not reopen. Refusing service is
one thing, taking your opinion and
screaming it in obscenities in front
of your neighbors business will lose
you the support of customers and
the neighborhood. She forgot to
take her TDS meds that day, lol.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
June 26th, 2018 at 7:15:14 PM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
Probably closed due to the death threats, which haven't been limited to that specific Red Hen, but are being flung at any unfortunate restaurant in the general area that shares the name.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
June 26th, 2018 at 8:01:49 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: Dalex64
Probably closed due to the death threats.

The city is a tourist place and they
have been bombarded by calls
this week from various organizations
who are canceling plans to come there
now, or saying they are very unhappy
and want to avoid it. Death threats
by the Right are every Libs dream,
but that doesn't seem to be the case.
The city and other businesses might
keep her closed down.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
June 26th, 2018 at 8:36:02 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: Dalex64
Probably closed due to the death threats, which haven't been limited to that specific Red Hen, but are being flung at any unfortunate restaurant in the general area that shares the name.

Even threatening people with the same name as owner.

Quote:
Wilkinson posted a scathing Facebook post, telling people that she is not the right "Stephanie Wilkinson."
"I'm over 400 phone calls. My voice mail is full," said Wilkinson.
So far, that's done nothing to stop the flurry of threatening calls.
"One of them told me to put the barrel of a shotgun down my throat. Not me - they think they're talking to 'Stephanie Wilkinson,'" said Wilkinson.
This mother of two's biggest fear is that these toxic callers may find out where she lives.

http://www.nbc12.com/story/38506350/woman-gets-death-threats-has-same-name-as-red-hen-restaurant-owner
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
June 26th, 2018 at 8:49:42 PM permalink
beachbumbabs
Threads: 6
Quote: Evenbob
Claire McCaskill’s Fake Bus Tour

"She was doing one of these bus tours through Missouri to meet her voters way out in hinterlands. It turns out she was taking her jet — her family’s private jet — to these different locations while everybody else bused in, and then she would be driven to the bus a short ways out of town so it was made to look like she was on the bus."

And Trump is the big liar.. lol

Seems like a fair amount of spin.

Every NASCAR driver does this. Their time is better spent elsewhere, not in travel with people they already know. But every driver has a personal bus/RV, most worth 500k-1m, for relaxing and whatever. So everybody has a full-time driver who moves the RV from one track to the next, and the driver flies in (and many times, in and out more than once) while staying at their RV.

Claire McCaskell has Senate votes to get back for at short notice, multiple groups waiting at most stops, need for secure communications and staffers wherever she goes, maybe even special dietary needs or her own bed to get decent sleep. It's a WASTE of her time to ride the bus. If she can spend an extra hour talking to people, then rejoin the bus via plane several times a day, how many more voters did she reach that day? She's the show. Nobody wants to see her staffers or surrogates.

But let's make her ride the highways just so she doesn't get this kind of nonsense criticism thrown at her. Let's have her do 2 events a day instead of 6. Let's ignore hundreds of voters at every stop; she's only trying to be available to 6.1 MILLION people in her state while the Senate is in session.

Just goes to show how vicious the politics are that something so logical and efficient could be made to seem elitist. Not to mention demonizing her just to use up airtime for things Trumper DON'T want discussed.
Never doubt a small group of concerned citizens can change the world; it's the only thing ever has
June 27th, 2018 at 3:27:23 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: beachbumbabs
Seems like a fair amount of spin.

Every NASCAR driver does this. Their time is better spent elsewhere, not in travel with people they already know. But every driver has a personal bus/RV, most worth 500k-1m, for relaxing and whatever. So everybody has a full-time driver who moves the RV from one track to the next, and the driver flies in (and many times, in and out more than once) while staying at their RV.

But NASCAR drivers are not pretending to be on a bus tour. McCaskill is. She should either just take an SUV from the airport like pols do or actually ride on her bus.

Quote:
Just goes to show how vicious the politics are that something so logical and efficient could be made to seem elitist. Not to mention demonizing her just to use up airtime for things Trumper DON'T want discussed.

Give me a break. You only call it "viscous" because it is a Democrat being called out. Face facts, she wanted to look like she was doing the modern version of Truman and the whistle-stop tour. But she got caught being a fake. As EB said, but Trump is the big liar.
The President is a fink.
June 27th, 2018 at 4:31:17 AM permalink
beachbumbabs
Threads: 6
Quote: AZDuffman
But NASCAR drivers are not pretending to be on a bus tour. McCaskill is. She should either just take an SUV from the airport like pols do or actually ride on her bus.

You skipped the most pertinent part of what I wrote, AZD. It's a waste of her time to sit on the bus between stops, when she can spend that time with constituents instead, and still have the bus with its resources at each stop. What is she missing out on, people getting excited when they pass her on the highway and waving? How is that better than her spending significantly more time OUT of the bus among her voters?

Just a total non-issue.
Quote:

Give me a break. You only call it "viscous" because it is a Democrat being called out. Face facts, she wanted to look like she was doing the modern version of Truman and the whistle-stop tour. But she got caught being a fake. As EB said, but Trump is the big liar.
Never doubt a small group of concerned citizens can change the world; it's the only thing ever has
June 27th, 2018 at 4:37:20 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: beachbumbabs
You skipped the most pertinent part of what I wrote, AZD. It's a waste of her time to sit on the bus between stops, when she can spend that time with constituents instead, and still have the bus with its resources at each stop. What is she missing out on, people getting excited when they pass her on the highway and waving? How is that better than her spending significantly more time OUT of the bus among her voters?

I did not miss a thing. Stated again, if it is "a waste of time" then why make it appear as if she was on the bus? Just have the stops at or near airports and have her ride up in a Suburban. Pols do this all the time. Of course, I think we both know the reason was to make her look "humble" riding around on a bus.

She got caught being fake. Now you are defending her trying to look fake. Or do you agree she should just have rode up in a SUV and not bothered pretending it was a bus tour?
The President is a fink.