In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

February 15th, 2018 at 6:35:11 AM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
In ancient times the Carthaginian civilization, a large and mighty commercial empire, used to sacrifice children to court favor from the god Ba'al Hammon and his consort Tanit.

For all their business acumen, they were, like all ancients, largely ignorant of nature and superstitious as a result. What I wonder is : what is America's excuse for their ongoing child sacrifice problem at the altar of the NRA?
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
February 15th, 2018 at 7:17:24 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: ams288
If the ban hammer falls on Nareed for dropping an F bomb, hopefully it will land on you too for your personal insult against HER.

I really don't get why EB and AZ always feel compelled to insult Nareed
Really sad that EB and AZ cant conduct themselves as adults and properly address a member rather then insulting
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
February 15th, 2018 at 9:00:03 AM permalink
Nareed
Quote: terapined
Really sad that EB and AZ cant conduct themselves as adults and properly address a member rather then insulting

Do you think they might support the Orange Caligula?
February 15th, 2018 at 9:28:58 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
291 School Shootings In America Since 2013
Make America great again??????
We are worse then most 3rd world countries with the danger in this country of simply going to school

https://everytownresearch.org/school-shootings/
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
February 15th, 2018 at 9:44:42 AM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
We are worse then most 3rd world countries with the danger in this country of simply going to school

I am not trying to defend school shootings but as it seems with all most all news now your article is massaged by the writers of the report. If you actually read it you find that it includes suicides, accidental discharge of a firearm, incidents in which no one was hurt and and possibly no intent to actually shoot anyone as well as actual attacks.

None of the above are good things but to equate those other types of incidents with a mass killing does a disservice to your cause.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
February 15th, 2018 at 9:50:36 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: kenarman

None of the above are good things but to equate those other types of incidents with a mass killing does a disservice to your cause.

So does blaming the NRA.
The President is a fink.
February 15th, 2018 at 10:11:26 AM permalink
OnceDear
Threads: 11

I'm afraid your great Nation beat the UK on this stat. We had 15 killed in a mass school shooting in 1996.
Wikipedia has to go back to 61AD to get a half decent list of UK massacres (not all shootings)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_massacres_in_Great_Britain

I'm not going to get into the gun's / anti-guns argument in the USA.
I'll just say that I'm happy to live in a nation where no-one I know has ever held a handgun* or a semi or fully automatic weapon, except one guy who played with one on a visit to Vegas.... Oh, and my dad had a tommy gun to defend his truck in WW2. He said he couldn't hit a barn and never fired at a living target anyway.

* except .22 low velocity air gun
February 15th, 2018 at 10:36:42 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
I really don't get why EB and AZ always feel compelled to insult Nareed

I do. What's that fable about the scorpion and the frog?

The moderators are somewhat complicit here. Letting them do it over and over without a peep.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
February 15th, 2018 at 10:58:29 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Hate Fatigue: CNN Viewership Collapses 30%

What a shame.. lol
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
February 15th, 2018 at 11:20:57 AM permalink
Nareed
Quote: ams288
The moderators are somewhat complicit here. Letting them do it over and over without a peep.

Oh, you know how the snowflakes melt when denied a safe space for the impotent expression of their prejudice.