In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

June 20th, 2014 at 10:22:52 AM permalink
Beethoven
Threads: 18
Quote: reno
"Libs"? All 3 of the presiding Administrative Trademark Judges (Kuhlke, Cataldo, and Bergsman) who voted on the Redskins trademark case were nominated by George W. Bush's administration.
Once again, you've completely missed the point. (BTW, all you've proven is that Republican presidents—unlike Democrats—don't use a litmus test when appointing judges.)

Who's been manufacturing this whole "controversy" over "Redskins" anyway??? Harry Reid, Nancy Pelosi et al. sure as hell ain't conservative.
Boron Boron Boron rhymes with moron, moron, moron
June 20th, 2014 at 10:27:35 AM permalink
reno
Threads: 58
"This is not the Patent and Trademark Office. This is Barack Obama. One of the things in reporting out of Washington that has happened during this administration... This is executive branch. All this stuff is coming out of the executive branch. All of this, well, tyranny. It's all coming from the executive branch, and Obama owns the executive branch. He is the executive branch. But yet it's never reported that way. It's never, "The Obama administration today canceled the trademark ownership and registration the Washington Redskins." No, it's the Patent and Trademark Office -- a nameless, faceless bunch of geeks. Wrong! Barack Obama's administration did this."

-Rush Limbaugh on June 18
June 20th, 2014 at 10:29:52 AM permalink
Beethoven
OK, I don't know what that quote is supposed to prove, but thanks for posting it...lol
June 20th, 2014 at 10:54:30 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
"This is not the Patent and Trademark Office. This is Barack Obama. One of the things in reporting out of Washington that has happened during this administration... This is executive branch. All this stuff is coming out of the executive branch. All of this, well, tyranny. It's all coming from the executive branch, and Obama owns the executive branch. He is the executive branch. But yet it's never reported that way. It's never, "The Obama administration today canceled the trademark ownership and registration the Washington Redskins." No, it's the Patent and Trademark Office -- a nameless, faceless bunch of geeks. Wrong! Barack Obama's administration did this."

-Rush Limbaugh on June 18

It proves that someone with zero posts on this forum made zero comments in this thread yet his statement somehow proves that ALL conservatives think President Obama did this patent thingy.

Rush Limbaugh is an entertainer, not a conservative. He says things to keep an audience. The same thing that Sharpton guy does...he just can't do it as well.
June 20th, 2014 at 11:29:03 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Not exacly a court. The decision was made by the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board, a body within the United States Patent and Trademark Office. (Decisions of the TTAB may, in turn, be appealed to a United States district court, or the United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit.) All 3 of the presiding Administrative Trademark Judges (Kuhlke, Cataldo, and Bergsman) who voted on the Redskins trademark case were nominated by George W. Bush's administration. But it's fun to blame this stuff on Obama, so let's just say that it's all Obama's fault.

Fair enough, not exactly a court. While I do not blame Obama directly, he has clearly taken sides against property rights along with Harry Reid.

If I were the team owner, I would announce that Reid and any member of Congress in the House or Senate who votes on a resolution to change the name is banned from the Stadium. Send notice reading the Trespass Act or whatever other legal action must be taken explaining they will be ejected and possibly arrested if they show up. Heck, include Obama on said list.
The President is a fink.
June 20th, 2014 at 11:46:56 AM permalink
chickenman
Threads: 0
Quote: AZDuffman
Heck, include Obama on said list.
A true "shit-list"
He's everywhere, he's everywhere...!
June 20th, 2014 at 12:21:44 PM permalink
Beethoven
Paul Ryan grills IRS commissioner

June 20th, 2014 at 9:22:14 PM permalink
Beethoven
Here's another story for the MSM to quickly sweep under the rug:

Alleged child rape victim reportedly says Hillary Clinton lied about her in '75 case

Don't blink because I'm sure this story will probably disappear from the MSM's radar by Monday.
June 20th, 2014 at 11:19:16 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: Beethoven
Here's another story for the MSM to quickly sweep under the rug:

Hill is a peach. I've never blamed Bill for screwing
around, I'd do the same married to that evil conniver.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
June 21st, 2014 at 6:56:00 AM permalink
Beethoven
Quote: Evenbob
Hill is a peach. I've never blamed Bill for screwing
around, I'd do the same married to that evil conniver.
Totally agree. Can you imagine waking up next to that every day for the rest of your life? Yikes!