In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

November 6th, 2016 at 4:17:28 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Quote: rxwine
Hard to know what's true sometimes unless you've got your own testing lab.
You don't need your own private testing lab if you look at the FDA approved label and see such a weird "per serving'' figure that you just absolutely know a lawyer picked that number, not a scientist. That weird number was lawfully allowed to be rounded down to zero, hence the lawful non-fat designation.

Its things like the Red Cross being a bloated organization of over paid employees, the police ruining lives by seizing automobiles, the army being entrenched rapists that are more likely to be duplicity and "public relations". Look at Vietnam: the brass lying to the American people the whole time but only a few marine officers knowing from the start that "You lose marines taking a Strategic Hamlet, you turn it over to the South Vietnamese Army, the SVA promptly leaves this remote and dangerous area, then the marines return and start the cycle all over again." Those early marine officers said to their men directly We Are Not Going To Win This War and they said it right from the start.
November 14th, 2016 at 9:58:31 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Chili's refused to honor Veteran's Day meal deal for black veteran (Update: Chili's apologizes, promises to make it right)

https://boingboing.net/2016/11/13/chilis-refused-to-honor-vete.html

"I was approached by an old white guy, maybe in his 70s, with a Trump Shirt, at Chili’s on Veteran’s Day yesterday. He asked if I was in the 24th unit, and I said “no the 25th”. TRICK QUESTION. He said he was in Germany, and that they did not let Blacks serve over there. He left to the back, and came back and rubbed my dog Barack, who is a service dog. I was seated and eating my food. The waitress packed the rest of my food in a to go box because I had to go pick up my wife. I got my food and tipped the waitress. Then the Manager, MR. Wesley Patrick, comes from the same area in the back, walked up, and rudly informs me that a guest said that I was not a real soldier because I had my hat on indoors. Other guests heard him. He asked for my military ID, I was calm, and provided it to him. I also provided him with my DD214 which is my discharge paperwork. At that point he should have just said “I am sorry Sir, thank you for your service’ Instead he followed up with “the guest also said your dog is not a service dog.” Barack had his Red Service Vest on, and his Certified Service Tags. I was sitting for 35 minutes prior with Barack beforehand. At this point I was grossly offended embarrassed dehumanized and started Recording…Mr. Wesley snatched my food away, made body contact"
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
November 14th, 2016 at 10:26:05 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: terapined
that a guest said that I was not a real soldier because I had my hat on indoors.

You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
November 15th, 2016 at 3:56:07 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
Quote: Fleastiff
They had been duped.

this article seems pretty grounded, says such use can be considered fat-free cooking legally if the cook sprays only for 1/3 of a second, which the author deems silly. I have to agree.

http://www.thekitchn.com/food-science-the-science-behin-71468
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
November 23rd, 2016 at 5:33:50 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
On a different front the terrorists are fighting among themselves in the compound
Some terrorists think this is no place for Women and children
Some terrorists feel woman and children need to stay.
Do these crazy terrorists want to sacrifice their children like Waco. sick. Get the kids out of there
The woman and children are staying, what a bunch of sickos

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/ct-oregon-standoff-federal-trial-aquittal-20161027-story.html

Occupiers released
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
November 23rd, 2016 at 7:00:48 PM permalink
terapined
Quote: petroglyph
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/ct-oregon-standoff-federal-trial-aquittal-20161027-story.html

Occupiers released

Bundy's have another case to fight, not sure they will be released
anyway
Juror number 4
"It should be known that all 12 jurors felt that this verdict was a statement regarding the various failures of the prosecution to prove 'conspiracy' in the count itself – and not any form of affirmation of the defense's various beliefs, actions or aspirations."

"Don't they know that 'not guilty' does not mean innocent? It was not lost on us that our verdict(s) might inspire future actions that are regrettable, but that sort of thinking was not permitted when considering the charges before us.''

http://www.oregonlive.com/oregon-standoff/2016/10/juror_4_prosecutors_in_oregon.html
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
November 28th, 2016 at 3:56:18 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
National news keeps reporting on the woman kidnapped in California.

Tonight they said they are looking into a previous marriage and other parts of her past. That makes some sense, since up to this point they gave no hint at a motive.

Maybe her ex paid for a beat down.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
November 30th, 2016 at 9:38:36 PM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
North Carolina republican governor McCrory not accepting the results of his election defeat.

Claims fraud. Demands recount. Deja vu all over again.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
December 1st, 2016 at 4:28:20 AM permalink
terapined
Quote: Dalex64
North Carolina republican governor McCrory not accepting the results of his election defeat.

Claims fraud. Demands recount. Deja vu all over again.

McCrory lost and he just cant deal with it.
What a loser
December 5th, 2016 at 9:40:31 AM permalink
terapined
McCrory lost and he just cant deal with it.
What a loser

McCrory finally conceded
He could have done this election night

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/pat-mccrory-roy-cooper-north-carolina-governor_us_583f4ba3e4b09e21702c8ad8