In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

February 8th, 2023 at 4:06:58 AM permalink
PotPie
Threads: 5
Marjorie Taylor Greene screams out "Liar" during Biden's State of the Union address.
She's a real classy lady.
Other GOP members joined in the fun.
They too showed a lot of class.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/state-of-the-union-moments-marjorie-taylor-greene-calls-biden-a-liar-as-presidents-speech-gets-heated-11675831219
the foolish sayings of a rich man pass for words of wisdom by the fools around him
February 8th, 2023 at 4:59:02 AM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
Quote: Tanko
Incoming high altitude balloons equipped with nuclear warheads are undetectable.

An EMP attack by a ballon equipped with a nuclear warhead would render our ICBM's useless.

It was a dry run.

Chinese state-owned television aired footage of a high-altitude balloon dropping hypersonic weapons in 2018.

The US military had to know about this, since the Chinese aired it on their own television broadcasts five years ago.

Despite knowing China has this capability, the Administration still allowed to balloon to fly over the US mainland.
February 8th, 2023 at 5:05:55 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: PotPie

Who knew Cruella DeVille was a member of Congress?
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
February 8th, 2023 at 5:06:02 AM permalink
DoubleGold
Threads: 30
I don't think anyone could be that ignorant.

Meaning, they had additional intel, safety, a human error, a machine error, someone was bribed, a traitor, etc.

There are only so many ways to justify it.

My guess is they had additional information that was not released to the public yet.
February 8th, 2023 at 5:14:52 AM permalink
Tanko
Quote: PotPie
Marjorie Taylor Greene screams out "Liar" during Biden's State of the Union address.
She's a real classy lady.
Other GOP members joined in the fun.
They too showed a lot of class.

Did you feel that way, when Pelosi tore up Trump's State of the Union Speech?

Greene and other GOP members called Biden a liar for accusing some Republicans of trying to cut Social Security and Medicare, when it is Biden who proposed a $3 billion reduction in the Medicare Advantage Program.
February 8th, 2023 at 5:17:42 AM permalink
Tanko
Quote: DoubleGold
I don't think anyone could be that ignorant.

You don't?

Did you see Austen and Milley handled the Afghanistan pullout?
February 8th, 2023 at 5:21:49 AM permalink
DoubleGold
You don't?

Did you see Austen and Milley handled the Afghanistan pullout?

It was in agreement with the spirit of your post.

Not to be taken strictly in a literal sense.

I didn't study the pullout but I'm all ears.
February 8th, 2023 at 5:25:17 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Did you feel that way, when Pelosi tore up Trump's State of the Union Speech?

Greene and other GOP members called Biden a liar for accusing some Republicans of trying to cut Social Security and Medicare, when it is Biden who proposed a $3 billion reduction in the Medicare Advantage Program.

If you sunset something as Sen Rick Scott proposed, as far as I know, that certainly puts something on the table for cuts. And the way the congress handles deadlines is not particularly reassuring.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
February 8th, 2023 at 5:32:25 AM permalink
DoubleGold
I'm fascinated how members of Congress can read the thick binders of thousands and thousands of pages of legal terminology so fast. LOL

Of course most don't.

They're told what to look for and the tellers slide the things in they're not told.
February 8th, 2023 at 5:32:43 AM permalink
PotPie
Threads: 5

Greene and other GOP members called Biden a liar for accusing some Republicans of trying to cut Social Security and Medicare

Oh, okay sure. Right .

Then this must be fake news. Yes. That's the ticket

https://news.bloomberglaw.com/daily-tax-report/republicans-eye-debt-deal-for-social-security-medicare-panels
the foolish sayings of a rich man pass for words of wisdom by the fools around him