In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

August 18th, 2022 at 1:48:37 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: Evenbob
The hilarious thing about all this is it is not possible for Trump to have classified documents because he had the power to declassify any document without permission and without telling anybody. He was given this power by an executive order both George Bush signed and Obama later signed. Any documents that he took from the White House that was classified was immediately declassified when he took it all he has to do is say so and nobody can argue with it. There is not a document in the government that the president cannot declassify without filling out any forms and without even telling anybody. They did this because if the president has a guest in the Oval Office and he wants to show him a classified document he could declassify it on the spot show it to the guy and reclassify it when he gets it back. No red tape involved. So this entire raid was stupid beyond belief.

This is a load of BS.

But I guess we will see how well it holds up in a court of law, assuming Donny’s lawyers think it’s their best defense (lol).
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
August 18th, 2022 at 1:58:52 PM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
The hilarious thing about all this is it is not possible for Trump to have classified documents because he had the power to declassify any document without permission and without telling anybody. He was given this power by an executive order both George Bush signed and Obama later signed. Any documents that he took from the White House that was classified was immediately declassified when he took it all he has to do is say so and nobody can argue with it. There is not a document in the government that the president cannot declassify without filling out any forms and without even telling anybody. They did this because if the president has a guest in the Oval Office and he wants to show him a classified document he could declassify it on the spot show it to the guy and reclassify it when he gets it back. No red tape involved. So this entire raid was stupid beyond belief.

Nope, wrong again.
August 18th, 2022 at 2:09:07 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
I stopped rooting for Walter White when he let that young girl choke to death and die on her own vomit and he could have saved her. Pure selfish jackass and from then on I hoped he got caught. And that was early on in the series might have been season 2

She was a junkie and she was blackmailing him. She was hardly a babe in the woods. If she was not shooting heroin she might still ne alive.

Now. poisoning the kid was something else. But I have never seen how he managed to do it as they were never alone.

But for me it was when he killed Mike. Mike was awesome. Who does not want to be Mike when they grow up?
The President is a fink.
August 18th, 2022 at 2:10:40 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27

That is not exactly true. But, it also does not apply to classified documents regarding nuclear weapons (which was a main purpose of the search).
August 18th, 2022 at 2:19:06 PM permalink
JCW09
Threads: 12
Oh No, Mr. Potato Head got fired from CNN.
As a final tribute to Brian Stelter I offer the following:
The Downfall of CNN
You'll likely need to hit the Unmute Button, but so worth the 3+ minutes.
Pure Comedy Gold!
Def. of Liar - "A Person Who Tells Lies" / "I lied. Deal with it" - ams288
August 18th, 2022 at 2:24:30 PM permalink
ams288
Quote: JCW09
Oh No, Mr. Potato Head got fired from CNN.
As a final tribute to Brian Stelter I offer the following:
The Downfall of CNN
You'll likely need to hit the Unmute Button, but so worth the 3+ minutes.
Pure Comedy Gold!

Who’s he??
August 18th, 2022 at 4:55:14 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: ams288

Who’s he??

No idea
I don't watch CNN
I thought everyone has evolved to getting their news on the internet.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
August 18th, 2022 at 6:38:13 PM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
I watch CNN during mealtime, along with the Smithsonian channel and Motor Trend.

But Fox?

You gotta be kidding me: never.
August 18th, 2022 at 6:56:52 PM permalink
ams288
Quote: terapined
No idea
I don't watch CNN
I thought everyone has evolved to getting their news on the internet.

Maybe EB knows. He watches more CNN than most humans.

The only CNN people I’m familiar with are Anderson Cooper, Wolf Blitzer, and Don Lemon.
August 18th, 2022 at 9:17:17 PM permalink
Mooseton
Threads: 0
Dems here are hilariously stupid. 😂 Carry on not-knowing anyone or anything.