In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

April 22nd, 2022 at 12:03:52 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: AZDuffman
While in recovery I am staying at my mother's place where her sister also lives. They keep trying to get me to watch this or that movie. I keep trying to explain that the last few years my attention span is such that it is hard for me to do. That and I get tired of all the little woke messages in modern movies.

I used to like the occasional indie movie. I remember one but not the title, two guys had to store a car for a week for a guy who killed some tribe somewhere because their blood was thought to be able to cure something his wife had. Saw it maybe 20 years ago. Filled the time then. Could I watch it now? Probably not.
I envy you being able to stay with them for a time. I wish I had some kin folk to ask questions about how things were. Give them some hugs, best as you can.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
April 22nd, 2022 at 12:15:47 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: petroglyph
I envy you being able to stay with them for a time. I wish I had some kin folk to ask questions about how things were. Give them some hugs, best as you can.

My mother is like 80 so I hate having her take care of me at that age but she is holding up. Still I can't wait to get home.

Turns out I was way closer to death than I thought.
The President is a fink.
April 22nd, 2022 at 12:24:31 PM permalink
petroglyph
My mother is like 80 so I hate having her take care of me at that age but she is holding up. Still I can't wait to get home.

That's why you want to get them hugs in. I would think she is loving you being there? My son just flew in from Alaska to see me, my daughters left a week ago. Time for them to see the old man. And time to get my papers in order.
April 22nd, 2022 at 12:31:19 PM permalink
petroglyph
.... Still I can't wait to get home.
It's always good to be home, for me anyway. Sanctuary.

Quote:
I was lucky enough that when my wife called my ENT's office on Wed. she got me an appt. at 6;30 the next morning because I was coughing up loads of blood. He sent me across the street to the hospital ER. I was lucky to. Not as long as you, but I needed those IV anti biotics or I don't think I'd be here? I saw the guy yesterday that cauterized the lung bleed or whatever he did down there?

Our private hospital let 4 more Dr's go yesterday? This is insane? My Dr., that I've been waiting for years to see, his contract runs out Thur. and they may let him go as well, again, insane. This guy is a magician when it comes to pulmonology. I offered cash, something to find out the secrets to breathing again. He said, if they let him go, he's probably headed to Phoenix or somewhere?

This privatization of our hospital is not doing anything for the health of this community, at all. It's killing people.

I'm glad to made it out of the hospital.
April 22nd, 2022 at 1:11:58 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: petroglyph
That's why you want to get them hugs in. I would think she is loving you being there? My son just flew in from Alaska to see me, my daughters left a week ago. Time for them to see the old man. And time to get my papers in order.

She does like me being here. In the hospital she visited and a few times said she "learned so much about me" at the end. First week home it was impossible for me to do for myself. Now she is "making" me do stuff to be sure I can make it back on my own.

Steps are still a little hard but I am careful. I got to borrower her car today had lunch, thought my meds were at the local pharmacy but really they were at the one by my house so I will pick them up next week. Refills for stuff I am not out of.

Got work stuff all in order today, back 5/12. Can't wait as when you are in early recovery you just want to sleep but now I have energy and hard to fill the hours in the day.
The President is a fink.
April 22nd, 2022 at 2:21:07 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51

I have that realization just about every day about the previous day. One morning you wake up fine and before dinner you are urinating lots of blood. It is always something.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
April 22nd, 2022 at 2:46:52 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: DRich
I have that realization just about every day about the previous day. One morning you wake up fine and before dinner you are urinating lots of blood. It is always something.

I am talking my organs were almost ready to start shutting down.
The President is a fink.
April 22nd, 2022 at 2:48:03 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
While in recovery I am staying at my mother's place where her sister also lives. They keep trying to get me to watch this or that movie. I keep trying to explain that the last few years my attention span is such that it is hard for me to do.

I rarely watch a movie all the way through in one sitting. Right now I'm watching Giant on HBO, it's 3 hours long and it will take me at least 10 days to watch all of it. I usually split movies into thirds and watch them over 3 days. I'm usually watching 3 or 4 things at the same time so I watch parts of all of them everyday. Part of it is entertainment used to be an event, now it's just an everyday part of our lives. Has been ever since TV came along.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
April 22nd, 2022 at 3:11:12 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
I am talking my organs were almost ready to start shutting down.

I do understand. I had my 25th surgery a few months ago.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
April 22nd, 2022 at 3:24:10 PM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
Quote: DRich
I do understand. I had my 25th surgery a few months ago.

Zounds!

The miracles of modern medicine; may we all reap their benefits.