In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

March 31st, 2021 at 6:41:35 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: petroglyph
https://www.adn.com/alaska-news/crime-courts/2021/03/31/fairbanks-retrieves-pistol-from-his-car-to-stop-robbery-attempt/

"A Fairbanks man stopped an attempted robbery at a gas station by pointing his gun at the suspect and holding him until law enforcement arrived, authorities said."

Cool
What are the odds
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
March 31st, 2021 at 6:43:31 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: ams288
I wonder how the QAnon crazies are taking this news.

Everyone they disagree with always gets labeled “pedo.”

What happens when one of their idols gets caught?

Get thrown under the bus
After his interview with Tucker, looks like thats what Tucker did
In a couple months they will convince themselves he was never a republican but an Antifa plant
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
April 1st, 2021 at 1:09:47 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
I don't what's up with these gender reveals. People blowing their heads off with cannons. The whole thing seems fraught with stupidity.

Quote:
Two people died in Cancun, Mexico, after a plane used for a gender reveal stunt crashed.
The plane was meant to fly past and display a banner revealing that the couple was having a girl.
Screams were heard as the plane spiralled out of control and plunged into the sea.

I'm sure that made it memorable.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/travel/news/2-people-were-killed-in-a-cancun-plane-crash-after-a-gender-reveal-stunt-went-horribly-awry/ar-BB1fbkaO?ocid=msedgntp
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
April 1st, 2021 at 4:22:29 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
Watched a video about gender reveal parties that made this look like a big nothing.

what's up with all this? Sex used to be revealed only at birth and guys just passed out the correct cigar.
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
April 1st, 2021 at 4:39:37 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Quote: link
The Los Angeles County sheriff says detectives have determined what caused Tiger Woods to crash his SUV last month in Southern California but would not release details Wednesday, citing unspecified privacy concerns ... [recently] did obtain a search warrant for the data recorder ..., known as a black box. Villanueva would not say Wednesday what data had been found ...

“A cause has been determined, the investigation has concluded,”

https://apnews.com/article/detectives-tiger-woods-crash-cause-f085569ef13244c213a713dd0467b80a
April 1st, 2021 at 4:46:25 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: odiousgambit
Watched a video about gender reveal parties that made this look like a big nothing.

what's up with all this? Sex used to be revealed only at birth and guys just passed out the correct cigar.

I don't get it either. I remember some sitcom from the 60s they had a crib ready with blue and pink bows. Guy character asked what gives and the woman character said they did not know it it was a boy or girl so they would just get rid of the wrong color when they found out.

Makes sense.
The President is a fink.
April 1st, 2021 at 4:49:17 AM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
Quote: rxwine
I don't what's up with these gender reveals. People blowing their heads off with cannons. The whole thing seems fraught with stupidity.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/travel/news/2-people-were-killed-in-a-cancun-plane-crash-after-a-gender-reveal-stunt-went-horribly-awry/ar-BB1fbkaO?ocid=msedgntp

The video:

April 1st, 2021 at 5:34:58 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: AZDuffman
I don't get it either. I remember some sitcom from the 60s they had a crib ready with blue and pink bows. Guy character asked what gives and the woman character said they did not know it it was a boy or girl so they would just get rid of the wrong color when they found out.

Makes sense.

If you know ahead of time, then you only need to purchase half as many bows.

My ex-wife and I found out ahead of time, but did not have a party of any sort.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
April 1st, 2021 at 6:07:08 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Quote: Mission146
If you know ahead of time
Not going to look it up, but I would say my hearing that it was possible to know before birth was around mid-90s, perhaps earlier. Common non-invasive such ability depends on ultrasound scanning
April 1st, 2021 at 6:10:35 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Mission146
If you know ahead of time, then you only need to purchase half as many bows.

My ex-wife and I found out ahead of time, but did not have a party of any sort.

This was a 1960s sitcom. I always liked the couples who said they wanted to wait to find out.
The President is a fink.