Another Viral Video...

Page 2 of 40<12345>Last »
May 17th, 2014 at 5:34:37 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Quote: Evenbob
Not the news report I heard. Get YOUR facts straight.
Please inform the Animal Control Officer in Bakersfield that he is wrong and YOU are correct even though he was on the scene and spoke to all parties involved before the dog was put down whereas you listen to news reports of dubious value.
May 17th, 2014 at 9:58:45 AM permalink
Beethoven
Threads: 18
Cats can be jerks, too. lol!

Boron Boron Boron rhymes with moron, moron, moron
May 18th, 2014 at 8:10:03 PM permalink
Face
Threads: 61
Quote: rxwine

Unfortunately for the dog, no free first bites of neighbor's children.

Something about this bothers me deeply. I'm not cold and I love animals, but that dog would've never met the vet. No gun, either. I see that kid as my son and all I can picture is an ash axe handle. And that entire dog would be little more than liquid before that neighbor put their car in park.

Having a kid is weird. I have dogs all over my neighborhood. Boxers and chihuahuas and hounds and terriers; I love when they wander on over. And I love seeing my kid interact with them. But when I see an ear lay back or a shoulder hunch up, it's like a light switch. There's not even a thought. I'll be in mid sentence and I'll switch instantaneously into murder mode.
Be bold and risk defeat, or be cautious and encourage it.
May 18th, 2014 at 8:17:55 PM permalink
Beethoven
Quote: Face
Something about this bothers me deeply. I'm not cold and I love animals, but that dog would've never met the vet.
+1

Same here. I read some articles which said that the dog would be put to sleep, and it really irritated me when I saw lots of people b*tching in the comments sections saying, "They don't need to put the dog to sleep! That's cruel!" *facepalm*
May 18th, 2014 at 8:36:25 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
it's like a light switch. There's not even a thought. I'll be in mid sentence and I'll switch instantaneously into murder mode.

I have a Bichon, the cutest friendliest dogs in
world. I was in a driveway awhile back and
as I was getting out of the car, a dog 3 times
the size of mine broke loose of his leash across
the street and came racing full bore at us, ears down.
Without a thought I snatched my boy up
and turned my back and got bit myself
instead of my dog being killed. I never even
had a thought, it was instinct to protect a loved
one.

I was shaking like a leaf afterward. Turns out
the old couple walking him had just picked
him out at the shelter and were adopting him.
You can't have dogs that attack kids and
other animals.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
May 18th, 2014 at 8:45:22 PM permalink
Face
Threads: 61
Quote: Beethoven
+1

Same here. I read some articles which said that the dog would be put to sleep, and it really irritated me when I saw lots of people b*tching in the comments sections saying, "They don't need to put the dog to sleep! That's cruel!" *facepalm*

Don't you love internet comments sections? =D

I can dig the thought process. I suppose an owner does have a responsibility to either train the dog or not keep an untrainable one. And maybe it was abused, either directly by cause or indirectly by neglect. But I don't care. I can't cope with malice against my kid. A dog nips? He's been nipped before. That's a teaching moment. Dog attacks? He's compost that minute.

I was punting 40 yards at 12yr old. After 15 years of hockey, I'm sure I could send a terrier over the telephone wires XD
Be bold and risk defeat, or be cautious and encourage it.
May 18th, 2014 at 11:18:43 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Never turn your back.

Many people rescue the death row animals and give them a second chance with love, proper treatment and extra space to roam.
May 19th, 2014 at 2:57:49 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Family from Bakersfield appear on Today show... including the usually peaceful and amiable Tara who will soon toss out the first pitch at a local baseball game: No runs, No hiss, No errors.
May 19th, 2014 at 12:37:53 PM permalink
Beethoven
After 15 years of hockey, I'm sure I could send a terrier over the telephone wires XD
LOL!!

Quote: Fleastiff
Family from Bakersfield appear on Today show... including the usually peaceful and amiable Tara who will soon toss out the first pitch at a local baseball game: No runs, No hiss, No errors.
Here's the cat again. This time in slow motion.

It's even more impressive slowed down because I had initially thought that the cat just rammed the dog. But it looks like she may have tried to claw at the dog as she bumped it. Then she turned around to look at the boy, and as soon as she saw that he was OK, she turned back around and chased the dog away for good.

That's one cool cat, hey hey!

May 30th, 2014 at 12:36:51 AM permalink
Beethoven
Even if you hate Bon Jovi, you still gotta love this cover. ;)

Page 2 of 40<12345>Last »