Members and their clones?

Page 1 of 3123>
March 28th, 2014 at 9:40:18 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Wizard, do you ever wonder when you poll and ask for member input that you have several members with multiple accounts that sign in and out, voting and casting influence over events?

Maybe there is much better control that makes it not easy, I don't know.

But I could see how it could cause some mischief. For instance, If not many people participate in commenting on your new site, 5 members might comment the site looks good in a pink background. All the same person.

50 people vote Jerry Logan as most popular member ever.

That sort of thing; maybe not so exaggerated.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
March 29th, 2014 at 5:42:43 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Does anyone really have that much time on their hands?
The President is a fink.
March 29th, 2014 at 6:28:58 AM permalink
chickenman
Threads: 0
I'd say members with 10000, 15000 posts do. And oh, the quality...!
He's everywhere, he's everywhere...!
March 30th, 2014 at 2:05:50 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: chickenman
I'd say members with 10000, 15000 posts do. And oh, the quality...!

69 posts. Don't worry, you'll think of something
to say eventually. Don't give up. There's a good
lad..
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
July 21st, 2019 at 12:37:47 AM permalink
Ayecarumba
Threads: 89
If a poster is nuked at WoN, are they also given the sitemap here, and vice versa? Just asking... for a friend...
July 21st, 2019 at 4:09:20 AM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
Quote: Ayecarumba
If a poster is nuked at WoN, are they also given the sitemap here, and vice versa? Just asking... for a friend...

I take it on a case by case basis. In general, they are independent and a ban at one does not mean a ban at the other, unless specifically stated.
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
July 21st, 2019 at 2:02:12 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
So you of course are aware that the character that plays Nathan has created multiple sock accounts on the main site, WoV. Are you still going to allow that character who has disrespected you by creating those multiple accounts, and having them have have a 'discussion' with each other, still be a member here? I hope you eliminate the scourge to adult discourse which is Nathan, as soon as possible. Of course there will be socks you and the other moderators will have to swat, but at least it will be a great start.
July 21st, 2019 at 4:39:23 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: SOOPOO
So you of course are aware that the character that plays Nathan has created multiple sock accounts on the main site, WoV.

I just saw that. Normally that
would cause an automatic nuke
here.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
July 21st, 2019 at 6:19:09 PM permalink
KNathan
Threads: 37
Quote: SOOPOO
So you of course are aware that the character that plays Nathan has created multiple sock accounts on the main site, WoV. Are you still going to allow that character who has disrespected you by creating those multiple accounts, and having them have have a 'discussion' with each other, still be a member here? I hope you eliminate the scourge to adult discourse which is Nathan, as soon as possible. Of course there will be socks you and the other moderators will have to swat, but at least it will be a great start.

Soopoo, I can see you're trying to bait me into cussing you out. Not going to work.
July 22nd, 2019 at 4:45:24 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: KNathan
Soopoo, I can see you're trying to bait me into cussing you out. Not going to work.

Bald faced lie! I am trying to alert the moderators that your behavior there, making multiple accounts, faking talking to each other, makes you unworthy as a member here. Our host here, Mike, was kind enough to allow you to be a member here after your meltdown on WoV, and you thank him by disrespecting his rules there. You are not someone I want to be associated with. Your posts pollute this otherwise interesting forum. I really do not understand why Mike allows you to drag this forum down.
Page 1 of 3123>