4 members have voted

March 7th, 2014 at 12:31:56 PM permalink
aceofspades
Threads: 83
Just heard this and love it!

March 7th, 2014 at 12:58:06 PM permalink
TheCesspit
Threads: 23
Well, yeah. The J-Pop elements were a bit weird given the burning metal thrash parts. I'm not sure....

Okay listening to two more tracks... that's kinda fun to bang along to at work. Nice one...
It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die.... it's called Life
March 7th, 2014 at 1:49:31 PM permalink
aceofspades
Threads: 83
Yeah thought it was interesting! The choreographed dance routines to a metal song make it fun.
March 8th, 2014 at 8:48:48 AM permalink
s2dbaker
Threads: 13
The singing and the music don't match. I was expecting to hear the cookie monster vocalizations common to that form. I'll have to revisit this when more able to look past my expectations.
March 8th, 2014 at 10:31:20 AM permalink
TheCesspit
Threads: 23
Quote: s2dbaker
The singing and the music don't match. I was expecting to hear the cookie monster vocalizations common to that form. I'll have to revisit this when more able to look past my expectations.

Thats the charm of them... using jPop Idols in front of thrash/shred metal. Apparently the girls are 12-16 years old from a more traditional Japanese pop band that rotates junior high school aged girls through. A friend of a friend translated some of the words are not exactly death metal themes:

Ah, it's right. Always women are actresses.
We're not foxes, not deceiving,
but maiden-like female foxes.

(megitsune) (which it suddenly occurs to me I know from super mario and his fox suit)
It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die.... it's called Life
March 9th, 2014 at 5:08:30 PM permalink
s2dbaker
Threads: 13
I think it's a good thing. After revisiting, it's still not something I'm going to rush out and buy but I probably wouldn't change the radio station if it came on either. It expands the genre. Metal has always been so self-absorbed and angry. If not angry then at least grumpy. These ladies lighten the mood with a sugar coating of chocolate. I've always thought that metal had the most talented musicians who know that they have the talent but not the respect (especially the drummers). I guess the talent behind the ladies are cunning genius' or just don't care.
March 14th, 2014 at 11:01:23 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Found this interview and concert footage. (a year or two is a world of growth for kids this age). About a minute of the guy talking and the concert footage starts. It's more raw, not cut and shot as much like an MTV video. But you can tell they were on to something. (whoever whipped up this concept)

I was trying to imagine back when people thought the world was going to hell when Elvis arrived, if they could see footage right around the 3 minute mark.

The red lights! The deep bowing in unison. The crowd chanting "Sieg Heil!" (I swear it sounds a bit like that, wrong country though)

You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?