crowdfunding a film

Page 2 of 2<12
March 4th, 2014 at 4:03:42 PM permalink
s2dbaker
Threads: 13
Quote: Pacomartin
Tootsie Release Date: December 17, 1982

As Columbia Pictures was sold to Sony almost 7 years after the release of Tootsie, perhaps your father could explain how DELPHI LIMITED fit into the funding scheme?
That would require asking him about investments which then comes with about an hour and a half of unwanted and mostly incorrect advice. Would you like his number?
March 5th, 2014 at 5:42:44 PM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068
Quote: s2dbaker
Would you like his number?

No thanks. I finally pulled out my dad's old passports because he kept saying that he had been to Madrid eight times. He had three trips (9, 31, and 46 years ago).

Memory in older people can be scary. I met a 3rd cousin once who was in his late eighties. He started telling us a story about when he was about 12 and the man who he thought was his uncle told him he was really his father. The guy started crying uncontrollably like it happened that morning. I felt bad for him, but I kept thinking this was 75 years ago. Everyone is long dead.
July 17th, 2019 at 4:48:54 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Eight episode re-boot of Veronica Mars on hulu gets generally favorable review from Rolling Stone.
July 18th, 2019 at 5:44:06 AM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
A bit off topic, but I used to sing the praises of the Lending Club. Now I'm pulling my money out as loans mature. The reason is simple, the investor return is no longer attractive. The reason for that is too many borrowers default.
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
July 18th, 2019 at 5:56:34 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Quote: Wizard
A bit off topic, but I used to sing the praises of the Lending Club.
Don't know what that is.
Quote: wizard
Now I'm pulling my money out as loans mature. The reason is simple, the investor return is no longer attractive. The reason for that is too many borrowers default.
Hebrew free loan society closed its doors over a decade ago. And those loans had no fees and no interest.
July 18th, 2019 at 6:22:30 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Wizard
A bit off topic, but I used to sing the praises of the Lending Club. Now I'm pulling my money out as loans mature. The reason is simple, the investor return is no longer attractive. The reason for that is too many borrowers default.

I found the same thing on Prosper, though I had to quit when I returned east as my state was and is locked out. Even when I first started I noted how fast they were to sell off defaults on the cheap. I got a few bucks back from them, I forget how much but I was never in for more than $500.

It does give one an appreciation for why the credit card companies have to set the juice so high. Even at 20% interest if $1 defaults then they have lost all the profit on $5 of good loans, gross. More like $6-7 when you add other costs.

When I got into it I was what amounts to a junior underwriter, understanding how to analyze credit. All but the A-paper was way too high risk. Because of the then Dutch-Auction format it was impossible to get a good price for the risk involved.
The President is a fink.
July 18th, 2019 at 8:35:28 AM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
Quote: Fleastiff
Don't know what that is.

Lending Club is an online lender. I think their typical customer is looking to refinance credit card debt at a lower interest rate. They get the funds from investors like me. It sounds like a good business idea, as long as people repay the loans. It doesn't take a high percentage of defaulters to ruin it.
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
Page 2 of 2<12