What Movies Have You Seen Lately?

December 14th, 2023 at 6:48:42 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote:
Godzilla Minus One” raked in more than $12.6 million in its first four days. Setting a new record for Japanese live-action films, it has become the highest-grossing foreign language film of the year, with a global take of $52 million after two weeks.

Only cost 15 million to make.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
December 14th, 2023 at 6:22:34 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Not movies but favorite TV series of each decade. I know some span decades so put them wherever you want.

1960's: Hogans Heroes
1970's: MASH
1980's: Cheers
1990's: I have no idea I didn't watch much TV then
2000's: Dexter
2010's: Breaking Bad
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
December 14th, 2023 at 9:01:35 PM permalink
JimRockford
Threads: 2
Quote: DRich
Not movies but favorite TV series of each decade. I know some span decades so put them wherever you want.

1960's: Hogans Heroes
1970's: MASH
1980's: Cheers
1990's: I have no idea I didn't watch much TV then
2000's: Dexter
2010's: Breaking Bad

Good selections. I agree with half of them.
1960’s: Mission Impossible
1970’s: M*A*S*H
1980’s: Cheers
1990’s: Seinfeld
2000’s: The Sopranos
2010’s: Breaking Bad, although the first two seasons of House of Cards are hard to beat.
The mind hungers for that on which it feeds.
December 15th, 2023 at 6:51:55 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Won't be out for a year, but this looks interesting to me.

"Nosferatu"

Quote:
Per the official logline, "Robert Eggers' Nosferatu is a gothic tale of obsession between a haunted young woman and the terrifying vampire infatuated with her, causing untold horror in its wake.

Quote:
Skarsgård's performance . "You can see Bill [as Pennywise] in the It make-up; you can't detect any Bill here. He worked with an opera coach to lower his voice an octave. I think people are going to think we treated it digitally, but that's his performance."
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
December 23rd, 2023 at 5:57:06 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Anyone here watch Saltburn yet? (It’s on Prime).

I’m not recommending it, but I’m curious to see if anyone has gone down that rabbit hole yet…

Probably one of the more effed up movies you will see anytime soon.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
December 25th, 2023 at 7:36:11 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Watched Barbie last night on HBO. I have been kind of dreading it but it made 1.5 billion dollars at the box office so far so what the heck. I was pleasantly surprised what a really good movie. It helped that you can't take your eyes off Margot Robbie, what a doll. And Ryan Gosling is good in everything he does. The movie is completely non woke which is why it did so good. Extremely well made, totally entertaining. And directed by a relatively young woman. Disney has to be looking at this and going why didn't we make a movie like that. Instead of all the absolute crap woke BS they've been putting out that's making no money and losing them billions of dollars.

I watched an interview with Margot Robbie and she says she had 15 wigs for this movie and more time in the makeup chair then she's ever had. But she said the result was she felt prettier than she's ever felt in her life, and she's gorgeous to begin with. Ryan Gosling is 43 and he has the body of a 22-year-old. He must work out constantly to stay in that kind of condition. If you're wondering where the gay Hollywood dancers have been, they were all in this movie. LOL
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
December 25th, 2023 at 8:31:43 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: Evenbob
Ryan Gosling is 43 and he has the body of a 22-year-old. He must work out constantly to stay in that kind of condition.

Sadly, I still have the exact same body at age 57 that I did at age 22.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
December 25th, 2023 at 9:25:56 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: DRich
Sadly, I still have the exact same body at age 57 that I did at age 22.

The infamous couch potato body no doubt..
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
December 25th, 2023 at 12:10:49 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: Evenbob
Watched Barbie last night on HBO. I have been kind of dreading it but it made 1.5 billion dollars at the box office so far so what the heck. I was pleasantly surprised what a really good movie. It helped that you can't take your eyes off Margot Robbie, what a doll. And Ryan Gosling is good in everything he does. The movie is completely non woke which is why it did so good. Extremely well made, totally entertaining. And directed by a relatively young woman. Disney has to be looking at this and going why didn't we make a movie like that. Instead of all the absolute crap woke BS they've been putting out that's making no money and losing them billions of dollars.

I watched an interview with Margot Robbie and she says she had 15 wigs for this movie and more time in the makeup chair then she's ever had. But she said the result was she felt prettier than she's ever felt in her life, and she's gorgeous to begin with. Ryan Gosling is 43 and he has the body of a 22-year-old. He must work out constantly to stay in that kind of condition. If you're wondering where the gay Hollywood dancers have been, they were all in this movie. LOL

The Barbie movie, non-woke?

Insane take, but glad you enjoyed it.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
December 25th, 2023 at 12:23:59 PM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
Watched "Rebel Moon" on Netflix; a bit over two hours, will have serialized follow-ups, the next is due in April.

Very well made for what it is: loved how they created the illusion of outer space, other worlds, and aliens.