What Movies Have You Seen Lately?

May 26th, 2020 at 7:09:54 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: gamerfreak
I don’t think you were supposed to like them.

I know that
I just thought the whole spiral out of control train wreck was over the top but I guess that was the point

Funny part of the movie from IMDB

"Howard tells his son that his neighbour acted in "Good Times" and "Coming To America." When they knock on the door of the neighbor, it is answered by John Amos, who was indeed the father on Good Times and the father of Eddie Murphy's love interest in Coming to America. "
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
May 27th, 2020 at 10:32:33 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: ams288
This is what he was referring to:

Warner showed with paperwork
they lost money. Good enough
for me.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
May 28th, 2020 at 12:57:54 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: Evenbob
Warner showed with paperwork
they lost money. Good enough
for me.

Using this standard, you must believe the pee tape is real because the Steele Dossier showed it was with paperwork.

Welcome to the club!
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
June 18th, 2020 at 10:39:36 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
I thought I'd seen the original Rambo movie many years ago, but after watching it, I didn't remember a single scene.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
June 18th, 2020 at 10:53:01 PM permalink
Evenbob
Quote: rxwine
I thought I'd seen the original Rambo movie many years ago, but after watching it, I didn't remember a single scene.

Best one, seen it half a dozen
times. All that followed were
cartoons of the original.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
July 30th, 2020 at 3:06:19 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
I just watched Apocalypse Now (1979, theatrical cut), not for the first time (far from it) but for the first time in a while, its still my #1 movie of all time (Redux version, 2001, is far better, but quite more of a time commitment for an already beefy movie). Nothing has come close to the #1 spot of movies for me.

Awesome movie, brilliant characters, excellent writing. If you have never watched it, very worthwhile. Anyway that is my random plug for Apocalypse Now.
July 30th, 2020 at 3:09:03 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: Gandler
I just watched Apocalypse Now (1979, theatrical cut), not for the first time (far from it) but for the first time in a while, its still my #1 movie of all time (Redux version, 2001, is far better, but quite more of a time commitment for an already beefy movie). Nothing has come close to the #1 spot of movies for me.

Awesome movie, brilliant characters, excellent writing. If you have never watched it, very worthwhile. Anyway that is my random plug for Apocalypse Now.

You must not be a big fan of comedies. Airplane is unequivocally the greatest movie of all time. Anyone that disagrees needs to get their head examined.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
July 30th, 2020 at 3:18:11 PM permalink
Evenbob
Quote: DRich
] Airplane is unequivocally the greatest movie of all time. Anyone that disagrees needs to get their head examined.

I saw it when it came out.
Tried again 25 years later
and it's dated humor was
flat as a pancake.
July 30th, 2020 at 3:22:49 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27

You must not be a big fan of comedies. Airplane is unequivocally the greatest movie of all time. Anyone that disagrees needs to get their head examined.

I am not huge on comedies to be honest.

But, as far as comedies go, Airplane is close to perfect, great movie. But, its not the type of movie that changes your way of thinking. I saw Apocalypse Now in High School and it changed the way I saw movies like no other movie had.
July 30th, 2020 at 3:24:32 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189

The two movies have a lot in common.

They're both disaster movies. Both start with the letter A.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?