Campaign for Diversity...Tomorrow!

Page 1 of 61234>Last »
February 17th, 2014 at 2:12:05 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Greetings!

In order to support the supposition that it would be better for off-topic WoV threads to be posted here, as well as the further notion that this (in and of itself) could be a viable message board just off of WizardofVegas membership, I hereby commit myself to posting here at least five times per day for the next 100 days.

EDIT: Except for when I am in Vegas.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
February 17th, 2014 at 5:03:09 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Mission146
Greetings!

In order to support the supposition that it would be better for off-topic WoV threads to be posted here, as well as the further notion that this (in and of itself) could be a viable message board just off of WizardofVegas membership, I hereby commit myself to posting here at least five times per day for the next 100 days.

EDIT: Except for when I am in Vegas.

A few of us could do this, but has the management considered giving the board any push outside WoV?
The President is a fink.
February 17th, 2014 at 6:48:21 AM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346

Are you in the running to be the patron saint of lost casues? If you are, I believe the position is already taken. But there may be an opening in "exercises in futility." ;)
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
February 17th, 2014 at 8:52:35 AM permalink
Face
Threads: 61
Quote: AZDuffman
A few of us could do this, but has the management considered giving the board any push outside WoV?

I don't think I could do 5 times a day, but I've surely been pumping out the content. But as I said in the very beginning, I think my hobbies and activities are very niche - A few will like it a whole bunch, but most are uninterested.

But that's not stopped me, and I've become close, even very close, with a select few. So... I'll keep on keepin' on.
Be bold and risk defeat, or be cautious and encourage it.
February 17th, 2014 at 2:38:00 PM permalink
Mission146
Administrator

How so?
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
February 17th, 2014 at 3:03:44 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
How so?

Perhaps some social media ads? Expose a few million people on FB. Of course a business plan would be needed to monetize things here. As it is, DT was mainly started on the cheap using WoV software to be a place to dump the mostly political chatter at the time.

As a spitball suggestion I would perhaps suggest branding as an "any question" site in addition to the forum chat. Make some of the forums for questions about near anything. LinkenIn used to have this feature but without the chat. Put the known "experts" in some other color. Then as other people answer questions let people "vote" expertise.

We cover math to autos to gas wells in expertise. Rare do we get stumped as a group. As time goes by the google rank should move up.

Just an idea to monetize and build. It is the kind of site I would build myself if I had the know how.
The President is a fink.
February 17th, 2014 at 3:19:59 PM permalink
TheCesspit
Perhaps some social media ads? Expose a few million people on FB. Of course a business plan would be needed to monetize things here. As it is, DT was mainly started on the cheap using WoV software to be a place to dump the mostly political chatter at the time.

As a spitball suggestion I would perhaps suggest branding as an "any question" site in addition to the forum chat. Make some of the forums for questions about near anything. LinkenIn used to have this feature but without the chat. Put the known "experts" in some other color. Then as other people answer questions let people "vote" expertise.

Quora and Stack Overflow already do this, very very well. Snopes and another site on debunking whose name I forget, also do a forum and chat about questions.

Not saying it's not a bad niche to get into, just that there's a fair amount out there that does this very well already.
It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die.... it's called Life
February 17th, 2014 at 3:38:31 PM permalink
DocZZZ
Threads: 0
I will try to post here as well for non gambling issues.

This is SOOPOO from WoV.
February 17th, 2014 at 3:46:11 PM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Love the handle, well played.
February 17th, 2014 at 3:47:25 PM permalink
DocZZZ
Threads: 0
Love the handle, well played.

I believe I stole it from the license plate of another anesthesiologist.
Page 1 of 61234>Last »