Netflix became the past year's best performer on the S&P 500.

Page 4 of 11<1234567>Last »
Poll
No votes (0%)
No votes (0%)
No votes (0%)
No votes (0%)
No votes (0%)
5 votes (100%)
No votes (0%)

5 members have voted

February 21st, 2015 at 2:56:57 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Evenbob
Season 3 House of Cards starts on the 27th.
Yay..

Was going to binge it all starting then, but someone hooked me on Sons of Anarchy so have to finish that first. How did we used to live.
The President is a fink.
February 21st, 2015 at 3:32:04 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: AZDuffman
Was going to binge it all starting then, but someone hooked me on Sons of Anarchy so have to finish that first. How did we used to live.

Last season of SoA not on Netflix yet, or
anywhere else. I haven't seen it,
but I did watch the last episode on YT.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
February 21st, 2015 at 5:02:05 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135

Well I am also waiting for some new "Mad Men" episodes, though will be another two years before I can wrap that one up. OitNB should have new episodes this summer. It is just TV, relax by it but not living for it.
The President is a fink.
February 22nd, 2015 at 5:38:03 AM permalink
1nickelmiracle
Threads: 24
Try your public library. You can pretty much get lots off the shelf and a librarian can order almost anything through other libraries. I'm always amazed at the selections.
June 10th, 2015 at 11:52:12 AM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068
Netflix is Doing the Impossible and Crushing Everyone

Statistic after statistic to lead to their conclusion, "Netflix is The Champion of the World.” It just is.

I think one of the most remarkable statistic is that Netflix revenue is $2.4 million per employee which is larger than any company in all of technology including Apple IncL.

Their latest move was to finance and distribute Brad Pitt's dark comedy, "War Machine" for $30 million

It was no publicized what they paid for the sitcom, the 'Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt' .Dark satirical comedies are not the biggest draw on television,so it is not clear if Netflix Inc. thinks it is getting back it's money. Like HBO it only has indirect metrics of how important one show is to revenue. They may survey people and ask what made them choose to join, but there are no direct revenues.
June 10th, 2015 at 12:17:37 PM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Quote: Pacomartin
I think one of the most remarkable statistic is that Netflix revenue is $2.4 million per employee which is larger than any company in all of technology including Apple IncL.

I wonder how many customers like me Netflix has. I pay the monthly fee, but don't use the service much.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
June 10th, 2015 at 12:32:00 PM permalink
Evenbob
Quote: Nareed
I wonder how many customers like me Netflix has. I pay the monthly fee, but don't use the service much.

I use it every day, and On Demand. I rarely
watch regular TV except for reruns of
Modern Family and BBT. I don't even
watch FoxNews anymore. There isn't
interesting news to report every day,
so the news channels make the boring
news sound important.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
June 10th, 2015 at 2:17:01 PM permalink
Face
Threads: 61
Quote: Nareed

Believe it or not, people still have the dvd's mailed to their house as if it were still 1992. They probably also still read the paper and listen to their programs on the hi-fi =p
Be bold and risk defeat, or be cautious and encourage it.
June 10th, 2015 at 2:33:34 PM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Quote: Face
Believe it or not, people still have the dvd's mailed to their house as if it were still 1992.

I wouldn't mind that. Streaming movies and TV series have no extras.

Quote:
They probably also still read the paper and listen to their programs on the hi-fi =p

Surely no one reads "the paper" any more ;)
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
June 10th, 2015 at 3:06:00 PM permalink
Evenbob
Quote: Face
Believe it or not, people still have the dvd's mailed to their house as if it were still 1992.

That's because the majority of what N-flix offers
is only available that way. Only a part of their
video library is online.
Page 4 of 11<1234567>Last »