Random Thought of the Day

Page 394 of 394« First<391392393394
May 2nd, 2024 at 4:08:42 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Google maps will suggest an alternate route if it has one. But when it doesn't, as your wife says, you're f*****.

I still have vivid memories of passing an accident, where there was a break in the scene around rescuers, and I could see a lady sitting motionless in the driver seat, and there was a bag or cloth over her head, and the driver side door was torn off, and it looked like she was still trapped behind the wheel of her crushed car. I think she was already dead.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
May 2nd, 2024 at 5:49:20 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: SOOPOO
Wifey, poochie and I were driving home, Florida to Buffalo. On 77 North just south of Beckley, WV. Two lanes. Left lane is slowing down. I get in right lane. For around 2 miles I’m only car in right lane. Left lane now virtually stopped. I saw no sign saying lane is closed. Left lane completely stopped. Wifey convinced me to try and get in totally stopped left lane. There is space between a truck and car in front so I do. Totally stopped. Google maps keeps adding time to expected arrival. 3:15. Then 3:18. Then 3:25. Then 3:31. Then…. 4:56. Then ‘route not available’. No suggestion. Wife says ‘google maps is saying “you’re fu..ed’.
About 5 minutes later we start slowly inching forward. We pass the scene of what can only be described as a truck that just exploded. The cab was intact. The very back of the truck was intact. The middle looked like it blew up from a bomb inside. You could smell the melted roadway. Probably lost 25 minutes.

Random thought…. How much better these situations ‘feel’ due to cell phone when in the middle of nowhere.

Wow, I thought you wee going to say you lost 10 hours waiting in traffic. 25 minutes doesn't sound too bad to me. Around here you will have 25 minutes just sitting waiting for an old person to walk across the street.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
May 2nd, 2024 at 7:38:32 AM permalink
rxwine
Quote: DRich
Wow, I thought you wee going to say you lost 10 hours waiting in traffic. 25 minutes doesn't sound too bad to me. Around here you will have 25 minutes just sitting waiting for an old person to walk across the street.

On some streets you can waste 25 minutes driving behind an old person.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
May 2nd, 2024 at 4:31:46 PM permalink
DRich
Quote: rxwine
On some streets you can waste 25 minutes driving behind an old person.

That old person may be me. I rarely go the speed limit when driving around town. I am never in a hurry. On the Interstate I have been known to exceed the posted limit.
May 15th, 2024 at 10:29:15 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
I feel like I post here all the time. On most topics and threads. I was surprised to see I have just 1/6 as many posts as EvenBob. I need to up my game.

In another random thought, there are times I’m craving pistachios, other times hankering for cashews, and sometimes yearning for almonds. What is going on with my brain that affects my nut selection feelings? (This morning was cashews)
May 15th, 2024 at 11:21:38 AM permalink
rxwine
Even when my IPad isn’t connected to the internet it triangulates rough location on a map, I did once use it to figure out where I was at night when I lost cell service on the road, It’s slow to react though, but fortunately there wasn’t a lot of traffic that late,
May 16th, 2024 at 6:47:07 AM permalink
DRich
Quote: SOOPOO
I feel like I post here all the time. On most topics and threads. I was surprised to see I have just 1/6 as many posts as EvenBob. I need to up my game.

In another random thought, there are times I’m craving pistachios, other times hankering for cashews, and sometimes yearning for almonds. What is going on with my brain that affects my nut selection feelings? (This morning was cashews)

I always crave pistachios, always want cashews, and will eat almonds when I don't have the other two. Last week I started eating lots of pecans.
May 16th, 2024 at 8:55:42 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
I keep wondering if I'd like macadamia nuts. Kinda expensive if to find out they aren't any better than other nuts
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
May 16th, 2024 at 9:50:47 AM permalink
rxwine
Quote: odiousgambit
I keep wondering if I'd like macadamia nuts. Kinda expensive if to find out they aren't any better than other nuts

I consider them expensive to consume, but perfect cheap gift as part of a package for relatives. I also give expensive cheeses as gifts, that I consider cheap as gifts, but expensive to consume regularly as just food.

Actually, I’ve used that general principle for other gifts. I go out and shop the most expensive socks I can find. The whole idea is to find what is normally a cheap everyday item and buy something high priced and fancy. I’ve bought the best bedsheets for people I can find.

Whereas if I gave what is normally not cheap anyway, then it is not going to be looking the best of the best,
Page 394 of 394« First<391392393394