Random Thought of the Day

February 12th, 2019 at 9:15:14 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Protecting myself from sunburn beats chopping ice and shoveling snow.
February 12th, 2019 at 9:49:01 AM permalink
miplet
Threads: 8
Quote: SOOPOO
Protecting myself from sunburn beats chopping ice and shoveling $#@#.

I have redacted the swear word from your post. I've already missed 2 days of work and will probably miss 2 or 3 more because of that stuff.
"...remind me of clue: Colonel Mustard in the billiard room with the candlestick."- Derek Morgan
February 12th, 2019 at 12:30:13 PM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
Quote: miplet
I have redacted the swear word from your post. I've already missed 2 days of work and will probably miss 2 or 3 more because of that stuff.
Do you mean it's because someone complained you were swearing?
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
February 12th, 2019 at 12:47:04 PM permalink
miplet
Threads: 8
Quote: odiousgambit
Do you mean it's because someone complained you were swearing?
I did get suspended for 3 days for saying “I was brewing the f$@#*ing coffee, ok”. But that was a while ago.

When it’s 0°C (32°F) or less precipitation comes down as this white flakes. This makes driving difficult and for some reason people don’t go out to McDonald’s to eat. This means we closed early or did not open at all.
"...remind me of clue: Colonel Mustard in the billiard room with the candlestick."- Derek Morgan
February 13th, 2019 at 12:07:04 PM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
OK, miplet, I misunderstood you completely, I get it now
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
February 13th, 2019 at 6:13:00 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Chocolate croissants are great.
February 14th, 2019 at 6:40:02 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: SOOPOO
Chocolate croissants are great.

The place I stay regularly in St. Martin is on the French side of the island. Incredible croissants made by real French people. I will eat two plain ones for breakfast with some butter on them, Before I go to bed I like to have a chocolate one as a desert or bedtime snack.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
February 14th, 2019 at 8:41:55 AM permalink
beachbumbabs
Threads: 6
Quote: DRich
The place I stay regularly in St. Martin is on the French side of the island. Incredible croissants made by real French people. I will eat two plain ones for breakfast with some butter on them, Before I go to bed I like to have a chocolate one as a desert or bedtime snack.

I've been doing a lot of baking and cooking this past year. I've toyed with making real croissants several times, but man, they are a lot of work over 2 days! I have a lot more respect for the price of the good ones after looking into making them myself.

And the kits in the dairy department don't come close. I spent 5 days in Paris, probably didn't go a day without a croissant. O.M.G. So good. The best ones don't need butter, jelly, anything, they're just crusty buttery heaven.

The only ones I didn't like were from a bakery that used rosewater in all their baking. Apparently that's a distinctive French flavoring, but yecch.
Never doubt a small group of concerned citizens can change the world; it's the only thing ever has
February 14th, 2019 at 11:17:26 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: beachbumbabs
I've been doing a lot of baking and cooking this past year..

I love baked goods but carbs are
a killer for me. They're so bad for
you, I gave them up 2 years ago
and never looked back. I feel
better than I've felt in years on
under 20g of carb a day.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
February 16th, 2019 at 1:29:28 AM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
If Trump gets us pulled out of the INF treaty, it would be ironic if we get nuked by some of the same uranium Hillary sold Russia .
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW