Random Thought of the Day

February 2nd, 2018 at 6:37:06 AM permalink
JimRockford
Threads: 2
Add to the list of things that make me feel old, Christie Brinkley turns 64 today.

The mind hungers for that on which it feeds.
February 2nd, 2018 at 5:10:07 PM permalink
Face
Threads: 61
Quote: odiousgambit
Anybody else wash their hands in scalding hot water?

Over time, I have gotten lazy about trying to adjust the faucet to 'just warm' and have found that you can keep it at scalding* if you do two things,

*the stream should be barely going
*the stream should hit your palms *only*; when you reach the other parts of your hands, don't hold your hands under the stream but use the water that hit your palms, it will cool off enough

if you let the scalding hot water even briefly hit the other parts of your hands, sooner or later you will get 'dishpan hands'

yeah, this probably just shows how crazy I am

*I do mean scalding (but not boiling); I've noticed in old folk's houses that sometimes somebody has turned the temp way down, below scalding. That is not the case in our house, quite the opposite.

I don't let the water run, so it's always cold. In the times it does run (dishes), still no. I do not like hot water.

Speaking of water...

I had the weirdest dream. You know "pee dreams", when you really have to go in your dream? And you know what happens next... you find a place, start to go, and piss your own bed. Well, I had one. I really had to go. My dream self tried to warn me, but I couldn't help it. I went. And sure enough, I woke up in time to not soak the bed, but not soon enough to not soak myself. So I jump up, strip the sheets, lose my balance, and I,... wake up again.

I dreamt that I pissed myself dreaming about pissing myself while dreaming, but it was all a dream. And something about it has thrown my entire brain out of kilter.
Be bold and risk defeat, or be cautious and encourage it.
February 2nd, 2018 at 6:20:23 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: Face
dreamt that I pissed myself dreaming about pissing myself while dreaming, but it was all a dream.

Been there, never really pissed, just thought
I did. A dream about dreaming a dream..
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
February 3rd, 2018 at 2:57:09 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
definitely sometimes you know you're dreaming but you still go on dreaming ... but not when you were a kid having a nightmare

I think we talked about that already?
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
February 4th, 2018 at 12:21:10 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188
We can do this forever.

You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
February 13th, 2018 at 7:23:38 AM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Cognition should be taught in elementary school as a separate subject.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
February 18th, 2018 at 2:38:31 PM permalink
rxwine
Apparently by mixing in marijuana with pig feed, you can produce around 30 more pounds of ham sandwiches. (Or other pig products)

~
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
February 18th, 2018 at 4:02:01 PM permalink
rxwine
I passed by an unsettling accident scene last night. The emergency vehicles were all around but as I passed one point I could see a car with drivers side door either open, or off, not sure which. I could see a ladies legs and waist perfectly seated in the driver's seat, but the air bag completely filled the area where the rest of her was suppose to be. 3 or 4 people (fire/ambulance/police were nearby but no one was paying any attention to her.) I couldn't figure out if she was dead or what. Creepy scene.
February 18th, 2018 at 6:08:17 PM permalink
beachbumbabs
Threads: 6
Quote: rxwine
We can do this forever.

Heckle and Jeckyl cats.

"After Meee..."
"No, after Meee.."
"Oh, I insist: after Meeee..."
"Nonononono, after Meeeeee...."

I've seen this before. Still amuses me. Thanks.

Did you know, if you had a close-up slo-mo of the cat drinking the milk, they're actually scooping it up with the BACK of their tongue? It curls under like a "J" and they carry a little bit into the bottom of their mouth each time.
Never doubt a small group of concerned citizens can change the world; it's the only thing ever has
February 18th, 2018 at 6:09:25 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Quote: rxwine
I couldn't figure out if she was dead or what. Creepy scene.
I think the first responders had already figured that out or else they would be directing their efforts to that person.

Airbags are supposed to inflate but then lose a bit of the air just as a stunt man wants to land on a large airbag that is slowly giving way so to absorb his impact over a short period of time.

It doesn't always happen that way often due to poor maintenance or to counterfeit replacements.