Curb Your Enthusiasm

January 20th, 2024 at 8:54:43 PM permalink
1nickelmiracle
Threads: 24
I just noticed season 12 is coming out 2/4/24. I will be depressed when LD decides to quit or people die off in real life in greater numbers from the show. I cannot wait to see Richard Lewis back this season.
January 21st, 2024 at 10:14:23 AM permalink
DoubleGold
Threads: 30
Quote: 1nickelmiracle
I just noticed season 12 is coming out 2/4/24. I will be depressed when LD decides to quit or people die off in real life in greater numbers from the show. I cannot wait to see Richard Lewis back this season.

I used to watch it all the time when it first came out.

I rated it above average and preferred it over Seinfeld but less than Sopranos.

I just watched Sopranos again and enjoyed it once more.

I might do the same with Larry David.
January 21st, 2024 at 10:50:15 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: DoubleGold
I used to watch it all the time when it first came out.

I rated it above average and preferred it over Seinfeld but less than Sopranos.

I just watched Sopranos again and enjoyed it once more.

I might do the same with Larry David.

I stopped watching Enthusiasm years ago because they all seem the same after a while. Larry David acts stupid and everybody gets down on him and that's pretty much every episode. Supposedly most of the show is Improv with the actors making up their lines as they go along but Larry David gives them detailed outlines of what the show is supposed to be about for that episode and they have to stay within those guidelines. So it's kind of Improv. It's mostly just Larry David acting like a goofball idiot and doing things nobody in their right mind would do in society. Got really old for me.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
January 22nd, 2024 at 2:52:40 AM permalink
DoubleGold
Quote: Evenbob
I stopped watching Enthusiasm years ago because they all seem the same after a while. Larry David acts stupid and everybody gets down on him and that's pretty much every episode. Supposedly most of the show is Improv with the actors making up their lines as they go along but Larry David gives them detailed outlines of what the show is supposed to be about for that episode and they have to stay within those guidelines. So it's kind of Improv. It's mostly just Larry David acting like a goofball idiot and doing things nobody in their right mind would do in society. Got really old for me.

I had a strong connection to Cheryl Hines.

Something unusual.

----------------

Cheryl Hines
In December 2011, Hines began dating Robert F. Kennedy Jr. a member of the Kennedy family. They were introduced by Hines' co-star Larry David, from the HBO series Curb Your Enthusiasm. They announced their engagement in April 2014, and were married on August 2, 2014 at the Kennedy Compound on Cape Cod. Robert Kennedy Jr. announced in April 2023 that he is running as an Independent for president of the United States in 2024. Hines said in an interview that "I support Bobby and I want to be there for him, and I want him to feel loved and supported by me".
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cheryl_Hines

-----------------
February 28th, 2024 at 4:20:20 PM permalink
1nickelmiracle
RIP Richard Lewis, my heart sinks hearing Richard Lewis is gone, aged 76 from Parkinson's.
March 8th, 2024 at 5:54:27 PM permalink
DoubleGold
I began watching this again.

It's hilarious.

I'm on about S1 E4.

Richard was on the first one by the way.
March 13th, 2024 at 2:50:09 PM permalink
1nickelmiracle
Quote: DoubleGold
I began watching this again.

It's hilarious.

I'm on about S1 E4.

Richard was on the first one by the way.

It's good. Comedy is the hardest thing to do of all genres, you're always being ripped off. I essentially rip off Norm McDonald all the time.